Nicholai Torocsik [Secondary]

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
Circus Tony
Character: ???

Nicholai Torocsik [Secondary]

Post by Circus Tony » January 21st, 2019, 2:25 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

Yes.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

UO fifteen years, Neverwinter nights ten years.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

The setting hasn’t disappointed yet so I’m hoping for more of that.

What will your character’s name be?:

Nicholai Torocsik

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Gaunt. Average in appearance with hair that looks like it was kept short for some time but has since gone unkept. Mid 30’s. Average in height. Clearly of mixed ethnic origin.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Nicholai would like to take his salvage talents elsewhere in hopes of finding forgotten, neglected and misplaced goods that might be a bit more useful than swamp scrap.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Nicholai lived in the swamps of Niunas, in the settlements nestled against the Godspine mountains. His regular routine was venturing out into the swamps, hoping an undiscovered shipwreck washed ashore, or forgotten goods He would bring his haul back to the settlement and hope to find a buyer, so he might be able to eat another day.
One day, fortune smiled on Nicholai. He found a small bag of precious stones, and used it’s contents to barter his way to the Rumbling Pass checkpoint, exchanging stones for wagon rides and protection.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

Nicholai’s turn arrived and he approached the officiant, reaching into his coat pocket for a folded, yet lumpy piece of paper.

“Ta-da!” he announced, with much enthusiasm. “Torocsik, salvage expert-“ he spoke, as he began to unfold the paper, pointing to areas on the paper as he continued “Credentials are here, here, there, and…” .. with a brush of his hand, he moved the last of the precious stones from the blank piece of paper closer to the officiant … “over there.”

With hands clasped atop the officiant’s table, Nicholai would await the officiant’s verdict with a forced, beaming grin.

Scarlet
Character: Ellie Andrews

Re: Nicholai Torocsik [Secondary]

Post by Scarlet » January 22nd, 2019, 8:41 pm

The officiant stares blankly at the blank piece of paper a moment before looking up at the man. "Either your credentials are written very small, or else you see me as a fool." He puffs out his chest, crumbling the paper. The stone vanishes as though it never existed, not returned to it's former owner. "Stop wasting my time, or head right back the way you came." He taps his foot impatiently, getting ready to motion Thomas forward.

A reply to the current situation is needed for approval

Circus Tony
Character: ???

Post by Circus Tony » January 25th, 2019, 6:38 pm

“Wait, wait, wait….!” Nicholai panicked, holding up his hands defensively forcing a laugh. “We’re all misunderstanding each other. Terribly.”, Nicholai took a moment to clear his throat, or to convince himself of what he was saying. He forced a smile as he continued.

“Those were samples of my work, it’s what I do. I find things, forgotten things. Neglected things. And you-“ Nicholai paused, extending both index fingers to the officiant “- a man that hasn’t been a fool a day in his life, stands guard at the threshold of so many forgotten and neglected things, and nobody to find them! Think of the waste – good things, lying in wait, waiting for someone, anyone, to reach out and touch them. Then new things are made, and lost, and it moves on and on and on in such a fashion. It’s a waste!”

Nicholai exhaled, his tone easing from his dramatics.

“.. This is what I could do, a great reclamation. Buuuuut…”, Nicholai frowned, looking between Thomas and the officiant. “… “… Not if you say no! And if you say yes, your friend there doesn’t have to cut his knuckles on my rib cage, I get to pass through and do some good things, I won’t need a doctor after we’re done, and ---”
He stopped himself, sensing he was talking far too much, punctuating his ramblings with a faint shrug to the officiant, recoiling slightly as he anticipated a response.

Scarlet
Character: Ellie Andrews

Post by Scarlet » January 26th, 2019, 2:59 am

The officiant looks the man over again, then snorts. "Well, I suppose if you are that eager to go nose deep into danger, there is little I could do to dissuade you anyway. Try not to scream too loudly when something pulls you down into murky water or merely tears you apart yes? That, or make sure you are where you cannot be heard. Less trouble for me then." He waves him off dismissively, motioning for Thomas to relax as he calls up the next in line.

Accepted