Kaedric Corvax

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
TheKnightsMace
Fresh Meat
Character: Kaedric Corvax

Kaedric Corvax

Post by TheKnightsMace » February 13th, 2019, 5:51 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

I do believe I played on this shard a long time ago, though my memory is not great. The storyline stirs up some kind of familiarity but I cannot say for sure.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
I’ve played a number of different pen and paper RPGs (Rifts, D&D, Pathfinder) as well as RPed through other mediums, mainly MMOs like Ultima, but also Guild Wars 2, Graal Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and others.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I’ve been missing RP for some time, and it is difficult to find groups to do it with in person. I have always enjoyed the experience of RPing on UO, as I find the lack of in game detail allows my imagination to flourish. From Requiem, I hope to have a place to RP when I have the desire, and to enjoy contributing to the narrative, as well as enhancing the experience of other RPers as well.

What will your character’s name be?:

Kaedric Corvax

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

The rags, soot, and grime that covers Kaedric belie a handsome young man in his early 20s. Despite his natural comeliness, he is often not afforded a second glance by anyone, even other ne’er do wells and vagrants pay him no mind.

Unkempt, light brown hair covers his dirty head, falling down to his jawline. The features of his face itself are sharp, with skin that seems to be pulled tight over face and muscle. His high cheekbones and stern jaw give him a serious and noble look. Smaller, sunken eyes offer the impression of a constant squint, and if one were to study him for more than a moment, they’d see his eyes were the color of the deep ocean; a deep, tempestuous blue.

Of frame, he is tall and lean. A life of hard work has given him similarly hard muscles, though his figure is far from that of a warrior or knight. He looks underfed, though given his normal attire of ill-fitting rags, it is difficult to say for sure if this is the case. Typically, his face is smeared with dirt, and a layer of grime gives his pale skin a darker look.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

The grave digging life has grown exceedingly stale for Kaedric. He has become restless, and beyond that, with the passing of ‘Master’, Kaedric needs to find a new way of life. Having seen little of the world, he has decided the time has come for him to spread his wings and see what lies beyond the sheltered existence he has lived. Riches don’t particularly interest him, but gold is essential to life for a man who can’t hunt or steal his food.

Kaedric had buried enough people to understand many went to the grave with some of their most precious of belonging, which lead him to believe the dead that roam the First Province may be no different. How hard could it be to take the occasional necklace, ring, or bracelet from the damned souls?

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

To this point, Kaedric has done little of note. His mother was not a whore by trade, but often lay with men to supplement the lowly income she made as a bar wench. His father was such a man, a stranger never spoken of to him. His mother could barely afford to feed herself, and like many of her sons and daughters before him, Kaedric was given off at a young age.

By comparison, he was lucky. The orphanage he stayed at fed him and nurtured him until he could work. At the tender age of 5, he was apprenticed to a grave digger, whom he knew simply as ‘Master’. For 15 long years, he dug holes to lay bodies in. From this, he grew strong and wirey, and became accustomed to death. Education was never a luxury he was afforded, though ‘Master’ was not a simpleton, despite his profession. The man taught Kaedric enough of the world to know how to navigate it.

When the day came that ‘Master’ died, Kaedric dug his last grave. He wept a single tear in the man’s honor, the man who had been the closest thing he had to a father, and then looked to the First Province. Grave digging had grown stale, and he did not know how to survive off it without ‘Master’s’ guidance. He packed what few possessions he had, and set off into the world, looking back only in his mind.

Response to scenario:

By the time Kaedric found his way to the head of the slowly creeping line, he had mulled over his options enough to settle on what he believed the best chance he had to enter the First Province. The man had never learned the art of lying, and even if he mustered the courage to attempt a bribe, he had a laughable amount of coin.

“No,” he thought to himself, visibly pondering. “Honesty is all that I have.”

He approached the legionnaire, using his trusted shovel as a walking staff, and kept his eyes lowered submissively before drawing breath and pleading his case.

“Please sir,” he began, twisting the shovels blade nervously in the dirt. “I’ve seen many and more succumb to the Torment. What it does to people is a horrible sight, and I wish to do my part in stopping it. So, I beg of ye, allow me to pass so I can bury what corpses lay in the open. I fear the disease, but I feel like a pig awaiting it’s slaughter in here.”

He grimaced and pointed beyond. “If I die out there, it’s one less peasant mouth to feed. But before I go, I might just do a little good in Decus’ eyes. I beg of ye again sir, let me pass.”

Scarlet
Character: Ellie Andrews

Re: Kaedric Corvax

Post by Scarlet » February 13th, 2019, 7:01 pm

The Officiant looks at the man, clearly unimpressed (and maybe a bit disgusted). He moves a few inches away from him: as though he might be somehow tainted. "Perhaps you should concentrate more on burning corpses rather than burying them. You might live longer that way, though I highly doubt it. I am uncertain what heathenistic upbringing you have had, that makes you think burying is an okay thing, but those of us that know anything about anything, return our dead to the Flame, as is proper: Praise Decus! How about you mosey on over to visit one of the members of the Church. You might learn a thing or two." The tone makes it more of a command than a suggestion.

Approved