Huon Ter

RP-related board archives from Act V forums.
Huon Ter
Character: Huon Ter

Huon Ter

Post by Huon Ter » March 16th, 2019, 1:47 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem?
If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
(secondary character)

Yes, this Act.

What will your character’s name be?:
Huon Ter

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
He has endured 50 years but looks older; he's of average height and weight, and one could hint from the odour he carries, he is a man of the woods and the fields, a laborer, a harvester. You may be unlucky to see a wrinkle pop out here and there in his body, although he makes sure to conceal his ugly figure with a face wrap around his head, a shirt and a western jacket, long pants and boots.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
His motivations are still unclear: if one would know Huon's path so far, it would either look like he is running away from his western homeland, the most torment affected region in Vitaveus, or heading Tor to the East, the fallen Decusian Capital.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history:
The West 1320
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1367

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
The arrival was not auspicious. Two pools of green hue with a body floating inanimate greeted the western hailing man upon finally reaching the outside of the Godspine Mountains. This can't be worse than back home, he thought... At least the trash had been piled by the corners of this checkpoint outpost and it seems medical assistance is being provided to those most injured. This can be better.

Next to the officiant in charge, a red robed doctor had its head completely covered with a mask breathing through two tubes connected to its back. The technology, ah yes! The Torment and its devastating effects lasting for two generations now, implied new solutions to the current problems. Huon lost track of time fixated on the red robed apothecary doctor treating his patients, behind a piece of engineering, with monstrous looking nostrils, seemingly safer. "Sterile masks they call it!", grunted the officiant, visibly mad for being kept waiting for a while now! "State your business!"

He walks up carrying a bag in his hand; as he approaches the officiant a potato falls from the bag landing at the other man's feet nearly touching his carefully cleaned boots. Quicker than his reaction, Huon swiftly reaches for a piece of cloth and reveals a wrinkle in his neck, half a thumb, when he leans down to wipe the imaginary dirty spot. As he gets up he apologizes for his clumsiness. "Pardon my manners. I am a servant to the Republic hailing from the West, and I notice many come from there escaping the infectious disease. I wouldn't tell you what I've seen... - the old look on the man's eyes seem to reveal a soft sheen (or maybe you are just tired of your long day's work) - "... but it isn't good. Now let me serve this province with a good willing laborer such as myself, experienced in providing that which is needed the most! Why? Potatoes of course! Now if you don't mind I have much to attend to."
He hands the officiant the bag of three or four small potatoes, tasty ones.

Scarlet
Character: Ellie Andrews

Re: Huon Ter

Post by Scarlet » March 16th, 2019, 3:57 am

The officiant deftly catches the bag, disinterest showing in his expression as he drops it onto Thomas's foot, and wipes his hand on his leg. "Decus save me from these legions of fools and idiots." He mutters under his breath, giving the man before him a stern looking over. "No doubt you will be tending your potatoes by letting their roots bury deep into your miserable corpse. You may pass if you you feel you must, but it would be in your best interests to rethink that course of action." Thomas gives the officiant a look of mild surprise, seeming to take exception to the "kind" advice. "Well, go on before I change my mind, Potato Fodder!" The surprised expression turns to a smirk as Thomas mumbles something about a wager involving potatoes.
As Huon Ter goes on his way, one potato whizzes past his ear. The next hits his shoulder. A third connects with the back of his head, triggering an angry exclamation, followed by a loud guffaw.

Accepted

Huon Ter
Character: Huon Ter

Re: Huon Ter

Post by Huon Ter » March 16th, 2019, 9:59 am

The randomness of Huon's actions had not been without a purpose. Suggesting a clumsy and fool hearted figure to the authorities in the First Province - starting from this grunt of a guard - was planned, and not only he managed to not reveal anything that might have confused matters, he also recovered his tasty potatoes. A roast was on his mind for later.