Character Application - Ayar Stonecarver

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

blitztothemoon
Character: rollibard

Character Application - Ayar Stonecarver

Post by blitztothemoon » April 3rd, 2023, 8:53 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
yes, Jaxon, Gorin (rip), rollibard and Jarlel

How did you hear about Requiem?
been playing

What will your character’s name be?

Ayar Stonecarver

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

As an aspiring stone mason, Ayar had a sturdy and muscular build, with calloused hands and forearms that bore witness to his hard work. He stood tall and proud, with a square jaw and piercing brown eyes that seemed to take in everything around him. His hair was red in hue and long an luxuriouss, and his complexion was tanned from spending long hours in the sun. Despite his rough exterior, Ayar had a warm and friendly smile that endeared him to those around him.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Help rebuild and reshape the world in his image. He has beaten any other challenge through his art and wiles, living only till he makes that next masterpiece. He is looking to help rebuild and become famous for taming parts of the world unknown. The next challenge

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Ayar was born in Kaduraas. Ayar was a skilled hunter, but his true passion was stone carving. He spent every spare moment practicing his craft, honing his skills, and dreaming of becoming a master stone mason.

Despite his natural talent, Ayar knew that he still had much to learn, so he spent several years as an apprentice to a renowned stone mason. Under his mentor's guidance, Ayar learned the art of shaping and polishing stones, as well as the principles of design and construction.

Eventually, Ayar felt confident enough to strike out on his own, and he set up a small workshop in his village. Although business was slow at first, Ayar's dedication to his craft and his commitment to quality soon earned him a reputation as one of the best stone masons in the region.

Over time, Ayar's business grew, and he took on more and more challenging projects, including designing and building a new temple for his village. Ayar's skill and attention to detail were evident in every aspect of the temple's construction, and it soon became a source of pride for the entire community.

Despite his success, Ayar remained humble and always eager to learn more. He continued to experiment with new techniques and materials, and he never lost sight of his ultimate goal: to become the greatest stone mason of all time.
Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:

As you approach the officiant, you take a deep breath and prepare to make your case. You decide that you will try to persuade him based on your skills and abilities, rather than resorting to bribery or falsified documents.

"Excuse me, sir," you begin, trying to sound confident but respectful. "I understand that the First Province is a dangerous place, and I assure you that I am fully aware of the risks involved. However, I believe that I can be of great assistance in the efforts to reclaim and rebuild the Province."

You pause for a moment, hoping to catch the officiant's attention. He looks at you skeptically, but doesn't interrupt.

"I have skills in survival, combat, and leadership that I believe could be useful to the Legion and any other groups working to restore order in the Province. I have also studied the history and culture of the First Coast, and I believe that my knowledge could be valuable in helping to navigate the challenges we may face."

You take a deep breath, hoping that your words have made an impression.

"I understand that you have many people to process, and that my case may not be unique. But I assure you that I am not here for personal gain or treasure, but rather to help make a difference in the lives of those affected by the Torment. I humbly request that you consider my petition for a Quarantine Visa, and allow me to do my part in rebuilding the First Province."

The officiant looks at you for a moment, sizing you up. You try to maintain a confident and earnest demeanor, hoping that your words and body language are convincing.

Finally, he nods slowly. "Very well," he says. "You seem sincere, and your skills could indeed be of use. I will allow you to pass through, but I must warn you that the dangers you will face are very real, and that there is no guarantee of your safety or success."

You nod gratefully. "Thank you, sir. I understand the risks, but I believe that the rewards are worth it."

With that, the officiant waves you through the gates and into the train-yards. You take a deep breath, feeling a mix of excitement and apprehension. You have finally reached your destination, and your journey into the First Province is about to begin.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Character Application - Ayar Stonesmith

Post by Coty » April 3rd, 2023, 12:18 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!