Light Armor Durability

Bugs & Suggestions board archives from Act V forums.
SeminoleScam
Character: TBD

Light Armor Durability

Post by SeminoleScam » February 14th, 2019, 12:24 pm

Can we get the durability fixed for leather armors- I just fought two Cannibals, and with fully repaired armor, and now my armor is in pieces. My barbed leggings went from 66 of 66 to 0 of 48, barbed sleeves from 35 of 35 to 10 of 35, barbed gloves from 25 of 25 to 7 of 25, barbed gorget 37 of 37 to 8 of 37, and my barbed chest was completely destroyed.

The amount of time I spend just trying to keep my armor repaired is a nightmare, since I have to account for mass repairs almost every dozen enemies or so. When I wore chainmail, I had to make repairs every couple complete runs through Aiwella. I think barbed and horned should give better durability to armors made out of them to solve this. If that's not desired, then I think the resource costs should be reduced significantly then, as the cost for leather armor is at times the most expensive, with a suit easily costing easily a gold coin. If the cost to make it were reduced, it would make sense that it breaks down at the rate it does, as you can get a new suit. Less resist, less durability, all for affordability; I think that would be the best way to go about it.

silvrfist
Character: Vance

Re: Light Armor Durability

Post by silvrfist » February 14th, 2019, 7:20 pm

I'll like to touch on the aspect on durability loss from blunt weapon NPC/weapons.

I think in whole it is too "Aggressive" ,even for Heavy armor user. EVEN for a heavy armor user, we have to actively avoid engaging them in combat.

Our usual durability number for heavy armor pieces are around 90 ~ 150.As a rule of thumb, you should not wait till your durability drop to zero or near zero, you should repair it when it reaches about 20 % of your max durability. This is important to maintain your armor.

So as SeminoleScam pointed out if an armor with 60 durability can last 2/3 cannibals, its only slightly better for heavy armor users.......thats still pretty insane ,considering you dont travel all the way to a place just to fight 6 ~8 cannibals then run back fort for Repairs.

Please also consider most light armor users have dodging which is an extra check to miss the attack totally. Thought it takes time to build up and such, heavy users does not have that extra check. Every hit has a even higher chance to reduce the durability on insane level.

So I hope it can be considered that reducing the whole durability loss chances for blunt weapon is a better solution then reducing resources cost.

Agustus did make a valid point that if everything thinks Heavy armor user should get more durability loss from Maces, then leather armor should take more durability loss from slashing and piercing attacks, isnt it?

Burz
Character: Burz

Re: Light Armor Durability

Post by Burz » February 24th, 2019, 10:07 am

The answer is to carry around 3 to 4 sets of armor. You don't necessarily need that many gorgets and gloves, because they don't take durability hits as often. Also, 5 to 6 chest pieces should be kept in your backpack because they take hits the most.

As your armor gets to "Well Worn", just replace it with a fresh piece while you're out there and between fighting things.

Once you run out of fresh armor pieces, head back to town to repair everything.