Salvaging and Dismantling

Bugs & Suggestions board archives from Act V forums.
SeminoleScam
Character: TBD

Salvaging and Dismantling

Post by SeminoleScam » March 6th, 2019, 3:35 pm

I had an I idea I wanted to share for a way to add another level to the skill of engineer- the ability to salvage and dismantle items. I know for example, Arch Magic allows for the magician to dismantle an item for magical enchantments and other uses in matters of the arcane. By doing this with Engineering for simply mundane items all across the board, you can provide a similar effect to the mundane crafter. The Engineer when dismantling an item gets a random resource or component that falls under a pool of components based on material and skill that crafted the item.

Example:

A Studded Leather Tunic may grant up to 3 Studs, and 2 Spined Hides, or perhaps a piece of wool and 3 steel inogts.
A Platemail Tunic may grant 5 hinges, 3 steel ingots, 3 leather straps.
A Crude Longsword may grant a sword hilt.

Galg
Character: Galgarious

Re: Salvaging and Dismantling

Post by Galg » March 6th, 2019, 6:13 pm

I...love...it

Kadda
Character: Basti

Post by Kadda » March 6th, 2019, 7:34 pm

I love this.

I also want to suggest the possibility of allowing engineers (Since they utilize pioneering already) to dismantle/recycle abandoned houses: specifically claim-less houses. They take a lot of lumber/stone and it's a shame if for whatever reason you're looking to move or upgrade to a 14x14 and waste all that perfectly good lumber!

Galg
Character: Galgarious

Post by Galg » March 6th, 2019, 7:49 pm

*looks at his old home falling into decay* I completely biasedly agree

Rex
Aeolian Staff
Character:

Post by Rex » March 14th, 2019, 12:04 am

These are fun suggestions. I’ll add them to the staff debate list.