New player indicators

Bugs & Suggestions board archives from Act V forums.
Controll
Character: A Diabolist

New player indicators

Post by Controll » November 29th, 2018, 3:09 am

Would it be worth the while to have new players carry a tag or a title on their character if their account is just a week or two old?

Many newbs have problems understanding the ins and outs of Requiem lore. I know it's ment to be unforgiving, but if veteran players would notice such players with more ease many would probably take them under their guidance, help them make friends and perhaps be a little more forgiving when newb tagged toons misbehave.

This tag should probably be toggleable or disappear upon concealing.

Nördlich
Character: Basil Qudus

Re: New player indicators

Post by Nördlich » November 29th, 2018, 3:52 am

A worthwhile feature to look into. New blood is needed to keep the scene alive, and this might alleviate some of the frustration of being a newb.

Hagbard
Community Vet
Character: Adalrik

Post by Hagbard » November 29th, 2018, 3:58 am

I think there is merit to this suggestion, or some way of onboarding new players.

Controll
Character: A Diabolist

Post by Controll » April 2nd, 2019, 3:13 pm

Since new players dying seems like a relevant question again I'd like to bump this thread.

The world is a dangerous place, but perhaps newbies can be given a free pass - provided they can be recognized as such.

Kadda
Character: Basti

Post by Kadda » April 2nd, 2019, 4:04 pm

+ 1

pTxing
Character: Hildwulf Grant

Post by pTxing » April 2nd, 2019, 4:29 pm

+1

Toroic
Character: Elric Faust

Post by Toroic » April 2nd, 2019, 4:33 pm

+1

revenant
Character: Black

Post by revenant » April 2nd, 2019, 4:48 pm

Great suggestion. Isn't this also what gatekeepers do to help new players understand the scene?

MalumMalleus
Character: Malcolm Mahlum

Post by MalumMalleus » April 2nd, 2019, 5:37 pm

As a newb myself, I don't know if I get a vote or not, but if so I'd like to cast a vote *against* this. Make it ruthlessly unforgiving! :P

I reckon that us neophytes, if curious about why that nice man is lopping off our heads, can always go on Discord and ask while we're rolling new characters!
-------------------------------------

No gods, no masters.

-------------------------------------

Kadda
Character: Basti

Post by Kadda » April 2nd, 2019, 6:33 pm

MalumMalleus wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 5:37 pm As a newb myself, I don't know if I get a vote or not, but if so I'd like to cast a vote *against* this. Make it ruthlessly unforgiving! :P

I reckon that us neophytes, if curious about why that nice man is lopping off our heads, can always go on Discord and ask while we're rolling new characters!
Players killing others must have RP motivation, the point of this suggestion thread is to ensure that new players have time to get a feel of the server/lore so if they do something risky, they do it knowingly.

You should never have to go to discord to figure out what you did to get killed.