Natryl

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Natryl
Character: Natryl

Natryl

Post by Natryl » March 10th, 2021, 7:16 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

I have no prior experience with Requiem.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

Most of my past roleplaying has been on MUDs in the late 90s and 00s but the last few years I have spent many hours playing 5th edition D&D. I hope to find an immersive experience on Requiem that has an evolving story the players participate in and drive.

What will your character’s name be?:

Natryl

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Standing before you is a man of average height that you’d guess to be somewhere around 5’ 10”. He is older in years, perhaps in his mid thirties. He has a stocky build that is muscled but his appearance is that of a long time city dweller.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

He plans to enter the first province and seek out the mysteries of the lost city and find out what if any answers can be found there about the Torment and its relation to magic.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

He has lived in Aleksandrov for years, striving to join the Inquisition corp. But further back in his past is a humble life with his family and small clan in the mountainsides of Teramer. He lost both sons, Natoly and Dmitryl, to the torment. Watching them become one with the flame is what drove him out of his home for answers. He combined both their names into the singular name of Natryl and left behind his old simple life.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

With confidence and determination, Natryl says “I am here to lend aid, if those inside the province will have me. I am strong, learn fast, and want to help find the answers to our plight in the lost city.”

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Natryl

Post by Coty » March 12th, 2021, 11:01 am

We will need a bit more out of your roleplay response. Please continue the roleplay scenario by responding to the following RP prompt:

The officiant looks you over seemingly unimpressed. "Plenty of stronger ones on the pile." He grunts at you, his gaze already shifting away to the next person in line. "What makes you different?"

Natryl
Character: Natryl

Post by Natryl » March 12th, 2021, 12:13 pm

“I traveled all the way from Teramer, my homelands and ventured across this Torment infested land. I lost my family and nearly my own sanity making my way here. Regardless of what 'pile' of filth that couldn't handle themselves for whatever reason isn't my concern, but I didn't come all this way to be turned away.”

Natryl let’s out an audible sigh as he regains his composure. His temper fades but the determined stance remains.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Post by Coty » March 12th, 2021, 1:21 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

"You may have." The officiant smiles mockingly towards you for a long moment before letting out a breathy laugh. "Alas, you've caught me in a good mood, and besides..." He begins jotting on a piece of parchment, eyes shifting up to you periodically, before stamping it and passing it to you. "It is far more entertaining to know you will have such confidence flayed from you like rotting flesh. Do enjoy yourself." His attention instantly drops, his smile fading as he turns to the next in line.