Application: Maeve Ronain

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Maeve
Fresh Meat
Character: Maeve Ronain

Application: Maeve Ronain

Post by Maeve » March 17th, 2021, 2:39 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
I played the last time Req was up and about.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
I’m old blood. I’ve bounced between all the different shards over the past ~15 years.
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I’ve been craving the you oh are pees again. I’m expecting exactly that.
What will your character’s name be?:
Maeve Ronain
Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
She’s on the tall side and willowy, has dark hair and pale green eyes, and appears to be in her mid to late twenties. She has dimples when she smiles, but only on the left side. She has a light splattering of freckles across her nose and cheeks as well as her chest.
Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario: All in the short story

Maeve, she thought to herself ye really fucked up this time.

She rubbed her wrists and glanced sideways at her “bodyguard” as they waited their turn to talk to the guards. She tried to look on the bright side. She squared her shoulders and stood up straight for a bit.

This is an adventure, it is.
her thoughts told her as the line moved again. A grand adventure! I will do all sorts of things and Kirin will love to hea- She cut off short and sagged back to hear earlier defeated posture; the grief threatened to take her again.

Her brother was dead and it was her fault. She should’ve kept the reagents better labeled or the more dangerous ones better secured or something to prevent the event. She tried to explain that to her father, it was only an accident after all. He didn’t care. She was naught but another drop in the sea of daughters he had and Maeve was responsible for his only son’s death.

The line moved forward again and her bodyguard presented some writ or another to the guard on her behalf. She didn’t care enough to pay attention. Maeve reckoned she should be content with elaborate banishment over some accident to herself in the night, but it was hard to really care. She felt the bodyguard’s hand on her shoulder as he shoved a small pouch in her hand and told her something that was probably intended to be reassuring but fell hollow and lifeless on her deaf ears.

“Remember Maeve,” she focused on the man at the mention of her name directly “Don’t come back. This is the limit of yer father’s mercy.”

She nodded and started to trudge through to her new destiny.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
In short, she was banished.
Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret): As outlined in the story she is a middle daughter of many to a fairly well off tradesman/lower noble. He was only able to get a single son. Maeve took an interest in Alchemy which her brother, Kirin, shared. He fucked up, blew himself up and daddy blamed it on Maeve, even though it wasn't actually her fault. She, also, blames herself.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application: Maeve Ronain

Post by Coty » March 17th, 2021, 6:51 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

The officiant exchanges a few words with your bodyguard, his gaze shifting past your guard to look at you from time to time. You see something pass between their hands along with the writ and a smile grow on the officiants face. You are let through quickly.