Gabriel Evinco

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
Circus Tony
Character: ???

Gabriel Evinco

Post by Circus Tony » November 25th, 2018, 12:14 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

Played Auriel Sperro until yesterday!

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

UO: Off and on for way too long
NWN: Off and on since it released. Eightish years on the Ravenloft server.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
It’s a unique setting that I really enjoy, I expect more of the same quality RP that I’ve found here that I haven’t found elsewhere.

What will your character’s name be?:
Gabriel Evinco

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
A slender man of below average height in his early thirties. His facial features are sharp and angular.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Gabriel has heard word of developing communities inside the First Province, struggle as they might. For Gabriel, this is the ideal proving ground to see if he’s worth more than being another of the dregs.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

He grew up an orphan, and as such became a child of the streets. Growing up he was a lookout for a group of thieves that would sell their goods to a Fence. The lion’s share of the haul was never his. Every job had become a gamble, every lead a hope dashed, and every split of the take a contest of who could intimidate the rest with the greatest success. He was working with animals; continuing would lead to only one conclusion.

Gabriel grew tired of this life, as the satisfaction was fleeting for far too much effort and too great a risk. Gabriel resolved to leave this life behind, and made a deal with the Fence: Gabriel would spend the next few months quietly refunding the Fence a substantial portion of his share, in exchange for a Quarantine Visa.

Subsisting on a meager diet and limited comforts, Gabriel refunded the Fence. The Fence kept his end of the bargain, and handed Gabriel his Visa – stamped by the Diaconate Templar, for security support.

“And just how do I explain this one away?! My name’s on it, there will be questions, they’ll keep tabs…”

“You said Visa, I provided. Business is concluded.”

“Who’s going to believe I can provide security? You did remember you were getting this for me, right? Seriously, how did you even get this? The best I can hope for is to get laughed at. You know they might take my hands for this. What am I going to do when I get there? Wave my stubs around and hope for a miracle?”

“ ‘How did I even get this?’ This is what you ask me, at all? You’re making a scene, take it and go. They’re not going to care. It says security support, it’s vague.”

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

Gabriel began his approach to the officiate, considering his next move. Who would believe this? Was he overthinking it? Was the Fence right?

The lines were crowded, barely any space between one person and the next. The dope behind him was so close that Gabriel could hear his labored breathing – just look at that slob. He looks clumsy, doesn’t he? He nervously drank from his waterskin, several times. And again. And once more.

..And that was it.

It was Gabriel’s turn, he approached the Officiate, composing himself with a pleasant smile – waterskin still in hand, his visa in the next. He moved forward offering the visa.

“Morning, ready to get in and get started on my—”
Now, Gabriel.
Gabriel seemed to lose his footing, falling forward as his waterskin splashed it’s contents onto the Visa, the officiant pushing himself back with a start.

Gabriel took the visa back, wiping it off on his shirt as he turned around to the person behind him and began shouting.
“Again. Again! You’ve been shoving me this whole time! Can’t watch where you’re going, and you keep bumping into me with that bulging gut of yours! Are you impatient? Are you stupid?! Now look what you’ve done!”
“I ain’t done nothin’ ter ya, yer jes’ another oaf wit’ a bad foot!”
Gabriel finished wiping the Visa off, shaking his head with a scowl at the man behind him – unfurling the visa once more as he deliberately brushed it with his hand.
“You can’t mind anyone’s space, now we get to sit here and argue wh—”
On cue, time it for effect.
Gabriel looked to the visa, the ink was smearing – outrage slowly marred his face until his usually fair skin became red.

“Now look! The ink is running! I was steps away and along comes the half-cow, swaying his gut around like he’s Lord of the pasture!”

“Whut’re you callin’ me now den?!”
He needs to hit you, Gabriel.
The Officiant looked past the arguing pair, trying to wave down someone unseen.

Gabriel turned to the officiant and continued his feigned outrage.
It must sting, Gabriel.
“Is it really responsible to have this one in line? Supplies are going to be scarce, there are only so many farmers, and it’s going to be a waste of timber to build this one his own private stable. Look at him, he can’t outrun a damn thing without a trough of feed to goad him int—”

A solid, fist of stone crashed against the left side of Gabriel’s face. Finally, it was real for everyone. Gabriel fell to the floor yelling in agony, as two guards rushed up to engage the innocent stranger that just happened to be standing behind the desperate, paranoid Gabriel.

Gabriel pushed himself to his feet, stumbling slightly as he held a hand to his face. As the guards engaged the victim, Gabriel knelt to collect his Visa, then turned to the Officiate.

“Just how necessary was all of that? Now look at you, you’re swelling, and what’s worse – holding up my line.”

“That’s just how important this is!” With Visa in palm, Gabriel jabbed at it with his index finger, “They’re waiting for me, they need me now, and they’re going to be upset if I’m not there very soon – more so if they hear this ox was the hold up. Now my Visa is ruined, and I don’t know what to do about this….”

The officiant watched Gabriel, as if in silent consideration.

“So? I don’t know, you know this thing better than I do. What do we do about this?”

Kristijonas
Character: Kristijonas

Re: Gabriel Evinco

Post by Kristijonas » November 25th, 2018, 2:35 pm

Congratulations, adventurer. Your application is...

Approved.

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!