Ffermwyr's Application

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
gergecoelho
Character: Ffermwyr

Ffermwyr's Application

Post by gergecoelho » December 28th, 2018, 5:01 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
No.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two: Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I’ve played in brazilian UO rp-enforced shards since around 2000, such as AoW, MyT and FLS, and I’ve played and DMed D&D since much earlier. I just enjoy creating interactive and collaborative stories and seeing them play out in unexpected ways.

What will your character’s name be?
Ffermwyr Gwningen

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
He is in his early thirties, but looks much younger, his dark purple, green, and black clothes have seen better days, but still bear some sort of foreign nobility, just as his eyes and posture. His tall stature and demeanor set him apart from the common, even though he does not try to, but his expression often surrenders a certain innocence or melancholy.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Ffermwyr wishes to retrieve the knowledge of the Old his family once hoarded, deemed paganistic by less than chivalrous templars long ago, they were taken away through violence. He seeks knowledge, the truth, and the history of his family.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
His family were once the rulers of an old western territory called the Bren Tylwyth, living in a castle deep in the woods, surrounded by their servants. Long ago, when the templars first came, their ways of living were deemed pagan and they were told to bend the knee to the New and the Church. His family resisted to give up their ways, and these templars proceeded with their holy work and forced their ways upon them over the following weeks, which ended up with violence and the deaths of many who lived there, including the family's patriarch, then the Gwningen conceded and surrendered.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
“By decree of the Venerated Church, the First Province is considered to be a mortal health hazard, and as such, is quarantined under Article Eighteen of the Republic Treatise of Health Act of 1320. Citizens who do not possess a Quarantine Visa issued by one of the recognized Factions of the Republic are considered non-essential to the reclamation of the First Province. Under Article Eighteen, non-essentials seeking entry into an official quarantine zone must petition for entry into a said zone, and state just cause for the issuing of a visa by the perimeter authority. State your business and make it good, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for months without adding yours to the pile.”
Ffermwyr rises up from the bench he was sitting on, adjusting his clothes and eyeing the officant in a trained cold stare, followed by a slight bow, "Greetings good Officant, my name is Ffermwyr Gwningen, and my family is pledged to help with the holy work with the Church for many years. I've come to lend my knowledge where it is needed the most, in the process of recovery and utilization of the holy relics and texts in our struggle, and in the eventual purging of the Torment.", the man stops and awaits an answer, calmly analyzing the legionnaires around.

Kristijonas
Character: Kristijonas

Re: Ffermwyr's Application

Post by Kristijonas » December 29th, 2018, 5:07 pm

Congratulations, adventurer. Your application is...

Approved.

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!