A Letter

RP-related board archives from Act V forums.
The Tattered Prince
Character: Dagan

A Letter

Post by The Tattered Prince » January 10th, 2019, 4:33 pm

Copies of a letter, neatly penned, is left upon the public notice boards of Fort Praesidium and Briar's Hollow.

Residents of the First Province,

It has likely come to your attention that a bounty of one-hundred silver has been issued for the man known simply as Thorn for the so-called attempted murder of a squire within the Order of Decus. I, Samuel Blackwood of Briarthorn, the alleged criminal, would address these claims.

Arthur was a man accused of serious offenses. Not only of intimidation, assault, and behaviour unbecoming of a true Decusian; but, also of heresy and witchcraft. These accusations, founded or not, were enough for the Lady Victoria and Ser Delavious to act. In the attempt to detain the squire, and address these accusations, a struggle broke out. Several residents of Fort Praesidium were witness to the last half of that struggle, and watched on as the "Wolves" as we have come to be called, attempted to bring the accused to justice.

Now, whether you believe the man was innocent, or suspect, matters little. What does matter is that both Lady Victoria and Arthur were summarily executed without warrant or trial. Behind closed doors, and without any warning to those that might issue evidence to their justifications.

And, though I am not innocent of the allegations of assault, I can no longer stand aside as the people of the First Province are judged and executed by tyrants who do not stand accountable to the law, or more importantly, to the people that the law is suppose to protect.

As such, those who come to support Captain Ellery, and this tyrannical regime will be met with judgment -- whilst those that help to purge the First Province of this blight will be rewarded. Join me, brothers and sisters, and break your bonds. Bring these murderers to justice, and establish a court of law, enforced by men and women who do not owe allegiance to the Thrones of Wrath and Greed.

I declare now, that I will not raise a hand against the innocent in this matter; but, know this now. Come for me, or for my wolves, and you will be met with fire and steel. The wicked will be hunted, the sinners scourged, and the witchkin who betray the very laws of this Republic will come to fear my brothers and sisters whom do not flinch at the sight of evil, but instead, confront it with unwavering hearts. Do not mistake. We have lost a great soldier in the war for Eden, but in her place another will rise.

Look to your sins, Captain Ellery, for we are coming.

In Faithful Service,

Samuel "Thorn" Blackwood,

Kadda
Character: Basti

Re: A Letter

Post by Kadda » January 10th, 2019, 5:56 pm

Margaret blinks few times after reading the letter posted; she writes something hurriedly and rips the page out of her book to place next to the letter as a response:

The Wolves admittedly took it upon themselves to administer vigilante justice on a man without trial or evidence. Residents of the Fort have since learned the allegations the Wolves used to attempt murder were admitted false by their own informant. Said informant admitted to a group of witnesses afterwards that Arthur did not assault her, and had abandoned practicing magic long ago, if he ever practiced at all.

Please refrain from causing more turmoil for the Fort residents as you continue to hide from your own judgment.

You're no better than the guards.

- Margaret Rigsby