Application of Nok

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
Arthur Gibbs
Character: Arthur Gibbs

Application of Nok

Post by Arthur Gibbs » January 5th, 2019, 9:01 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

Yes I do, Arthur Gibbs

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
A good ol RPing time.

What will your character’s name be?:
Nok

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Height: 5'9
Weight: 228 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Short Black coarse hair
Nok appears as a jovial smiling man with a somewhat bedraggled appearance. He is just under average height and a bit overweight. He always appears to have a drink in his hand.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Money. The sweet clanking of coins filling up purse is liken to the symphony of angels that greet you in the lands beyond! The Forts been filling up, and where there are people there is Coin and bad decisions!

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

"Gaah-Reetings my good friends! I know its been too long since my last visit, but fear not! I have returned with cures to all that ails you! If you would just please form an orderly line and consult the man to my left you will find a grand array of tonics, tinctures, salves, and consumables that have been gathered from all parts of the map from the finest minds in THIS Age has to offer!" The robust man motioned to another, tall and solemn against the brightly colored wagon, and continued his speech. "For but a few thin coins you will feel like new men! These elixirs are guaranteed to aid in a multitude of common ailments. From poor vision and athletes foot to having a sharper mind and more stamina while tending to your husbandly duties!". The crowd of miners shuffled like zombies towards the larger of the two men. It was always the same with these people, working themselves to the bone and spending everything they had on booze and anything that would take the edge off. A beautiful machine of escape and capitalism hard at work. Later, when the "show" was over, he would count the coin and laugh the night away.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

Nok had watched as people milled about the rumbling pass check point. Had saw them offer coin and food and sometimes even more just to be let inside the gates. The thought of these desperate, eager people drew out a giggle in the man. The brief moment of anticipation before a new performance. After some time, and a costume change, Nok made his way to the check point and begin to speak. "Greetings my friend! and a pleasure to meet. I am Nok, The entertainer, and I am here with my tools to raise the morals of all around me!. Nok bowed a bit and upon standing produced and began juggling a set of balls. "I am something of a Showman you'll see! I know tales of dashing heroes!, Poems of deepest sorrows, Songs to woo your lady love, and much more sir". With a flourish all the balls where snatched from the air and an aged guitar appeared in his hands. He began to strum a few notes in a practiced hand as he continued. "Let me in past those walls and I will bring the gift of entertainment to all within".

Scarlet
Character: Ellie Andrews

Re: Application of Nok

Post by Scarlet » January 19th, 2019, 11:13 pm

The officiant looks the gaudy man over for a few tense, quiet minutes: steepled fingers pressed against his lips as he considers him. Finally, he barks out a brief, humorless laugh, and claps his hands together once. "Entertainment?" He turns to one of his guards. "How about a wager Thomas? I wager five gold that this man will last out there....." He considers a moment. "maaaaybe a week. A season tops." The guard appraises Nok stonily without replying as the officiant waves him through, chortling in morbid glee.

Accepted