Research and EO/MW Tools

Bugs & Suggestions board archives from Act V forums.
revenant
Character: Black

Research and EO/MW Tools

Post by revenant » January 19th, 2019, 11:29 am

Suggestion: add an increased percentage to the chance of a master copy or higher level recipe based on the quality of tool being used in research.

Background: Now that items can no longer be researched directly, I think it would be interesting/better if there was a chance of a master copy being generated (10/20%) for rare/epic recipes. By infusion alone, players can make about 2 recipes per day. Alternatively increase the chance of epic/artifact rarity level by 1 / 2 % for EO/MW tools respectively.

poorchinix
Character: Raithe Atlas

Re: Research and EO/MW Tools

Post by poorchinix » January 19th, 2019, 11:33 am

I may be mistaken but I do not believe Artifacts can be researched. A master copy would have a lower percentage than the chance to get an epic recipe I'm sure. I don't think this is a good approach to this, but mayhaps increasing the Uses of recipes since everyone is selling them at prices that just aren't worth the grab.

Cons
Character: Ashi Kirino

Post by Cons » January 19th, 2019, 6:31 pm

I don't support this since it will put non-engineers at big disadvantage.

revenant
Character: Black

Post by revenant » January 20th, 2019, 7:06 am

There are two suggestions embedded in there. Personally I am more in favor of increasing the chances of a master copy. To date I have researched about 40 recipes with Item Research III. Most are rare given the specialty that was researched. Things that are consumables such as clockworks/modified clockworks do not benefit from item research. None have yielded epic recipes and direct research is toggled off.

After reading through your posts, I can definitely see the other side. People researching magic would be able to do it far faster...probably unbalanced.

As for advantages for different crafting disciplines- probably good for a different thread; but what we are really discussing is a market for EO/MW tools and a better way to get through research which is geared right now towards mages in that a single yield gives a lifetime spell so essentially a master recipe.