Game & Information Accessibility

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Heimdallr
Character: Sevran

Game & Information Accessibility

Post by Heimdallr » February 16th, 2023, 3:31 pm

Hi,

Some fellows stumbled upon the server and asked should we play when new season will pop, hoping we will find some players to play with, but we are getting tons of obstacles to even check what's going on, so I am dropping few points I suggest to fix:

Things that are pretty repelling:

1. Discord link from main website is not working,
2. Can't see ANY info whether the server is alive, or when the season will come
3. No advertisement of server found in the internet (at last no outdated)
4. Hard to make forum account - Registrations need to be approved which makes any server insight even harder
5. After joining Discord, can't do anything because all fields are blank and I don't even get instruction how to become vocal

5 points repelling from any gameplay at all, so at this point I wonder - Is the server alive?

Kyber
Character: Kyber

Re: Game & Information Accessibility

Post by Kyber » February 17th, 2023, 12:30 am

Been playing here a while now, server is pretty active. The season thing I wouldn’t put attention to much into. Just get in game and play.

As to the rest of the stuff, can do our best to answer any questions.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Post by Coty » February 17th, 2023, 5:02 pm

Server definitely alive and actively updated. Season has started.

Agreed, those are all problems.

1. Wasn't aware it wasn't working, we'll fix that.

2. We tend to do updates to the forums but having them on the main page somewhere might be a good idea.

3. Yeah, could definitely do more advertising.

4. Thought this issue was fixed. We had a problem with Russian bot spam taking over the forums which is why we changed it to that. I thought we switched over to a different authentication method, so I'll talk to the team about it.

5. Didn't even know this was a thing. It should automatically promote you to Forsaken Soul role. We did delete a bot we weren't sure what it was doing recently, so I assume it was doing that. I promoted you manually. lol

Sorry for the shitty experience! We're a small team and tend to focus mostly on server and story dev and neglect a lot of the stuff outside of that. Something we need to work on.

Heimdallr
Character: Sevran

Post by Heimdallr » February 19th, 2023, 6:40 am

Hi and thanks for replies.

Server basically is really good - Mechanic & Setting are unique amongst servers, it's just that people really don't know about this server and online, especially for EU is small, while it would probably pump up if people that do play UO/RPG Games would know that there is sucha a server/game with such functions. So the experience of joining that was pretty bad at start, comes as a next step;D

Rex
Aeolian Staff
Character:

Post by Rex » February 19th, 2023, 2:37 pm

1. Discord link from main website is not working,
This has been fixed.
4. Hard to make forum account - Registrations need to be approved which makes any server insight even harder
This has been fixed.
5. After joining Discord, can't do anything because all fields are blank and I don't even get instruction how to become vocal
This has been fixed.
Thank you for reporting these issues!