Let's Talk: Pricing, Time & Labor

General discussions concerning the world of Requiem and the community.
Glimmer
Character: Theo Hanlon

Let's Talk: Pricing, Time & Labor

Post by Glimmer » July 8th, 2023, 2:30 pm

Calling all hunters, gatherers and crafters and merchants!

I am working on a pricing guide (and something special! ;)) for the wiki to take some of the stress off of trying to figure out nefarious math. I've been working with characters who primarily craft and gather and have a lot of experience with a lot of things, but I want to expand to the general shard to try to get a better idea of averages.

My goal is to make the guide designed to reflect both IG and RL time and effort. Taking into account the amount of "waste" when going for quality EO and MW items as best as possible. That being said I realize that some people may have an easier time with various materials while others may find it more difficult.

Warriors, you are not forgotten!

If you combat oriented players can give insight to materials and items that can only be collected through combat or gauntlets such as filament, augments, runes, etc. I will do my best to find a space for those items.

Please no debates, just looking for how you decide or set your minimum accepted prices on things, maximum you'd be willing to pay, and any reasoning to why if you can.

I appreciate all of you, and I'm glad we have an amazing community.

Those of you playing overly compassionate in a dystopian world where you are practically taking food and work away from the NPC refugees who reside in this horrorscape with us, you're being judged.
JK I love you all, awesome nerds! <3

Kent
Character: Requiescat In Pace

Re: Let's Talk: Pricing, Time & Labor

Post by Kent » July 8th, 2023, 2:43 pm

Meriel
Character: Burning Leaf

Post by Meriel » July 8th, 2023, 10:01 pm

OK, I'm the new kid in class because I've only been playing for a month but I've been farming that whole time. I haven't figured out how to price the vegetables or the finished foods but I have at least figured out how to produce them.

Here's my take.

To grow crops you really need to check them twice a day to give them water and/or fertilizer. There was one day when I went a little crazy at Hamburger Mary's bottomless mimosa drag brunch and was still too drunk for the PM crop check to log in. When I got online the next morning, many of the crops had died.

So, twice a day.

Now, in all fairness, I do enjoy the crops but they really are labor intensive and a big commitment. You have to get the seeds - which for some plants will involve game coins. Then you have to plant them, tend them twice daily for up to 4 irl days which means buying fertilizer with game coins or gathering the necessary resources and spending time making it, and/or gathering animal droppings in the wild. And there are some tools involved which is more game coins and/or effort. And then today, after all that investment of my time and effort and game money, a sheep came and ate my crops the moment they turned ripe. :!:

I feel like it's hard to put a value on that. Those potatoes are priceless.

Glimmer

Post by Glimmer » July 10th, 2023, 4:39 pm

*bump*

Glimmer

Post by Glimmer » July 13th, 2023, 9:51 am

Bump