Decusian, merchant the latter has it

A forum dedicated to single-thread posts of characters within the game world to help document large events, stories and milestones in one consolidated thread.
Wormwood
Character: Jakell Wormwood

Re: Decusian, merchant the latter has it

Post by Wormwood » August 27th, 2023, 5:47 pm

*Tacked onto the latest letter from Thalia; the script written hastily*

Still alive?

Your a lying sack of dog shit - you lead me out under false pretenses and were likely paid for your services unless you simply got off on seeing someone you had just met get murdered in front of you.

I would almost believe your bullshit if not for us both walking up on those conveniently placed scales propped up against the tree where near the attack took place.

You knew EXACTLY where you were leading me and what to look for. I'm afraid your employers didn't have the sense to not include such a witty play on what they thought they were dealing out, in terms of "justice".

I have no dog in this fight between Damon, Ash and you but I will stand behind what I know is true.

Your a flaming barrel of garbage and this Eden will be better when your wiped clean from it.

I hope that salt inside you tears at whatever remains of your soul; you sodding monster.

DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING THIS WOMAN SAYS.

-J.W

gery
Character: Damon Bennett

Post by gery » August 28th, 2023, 12:42 pm

Dear Ashlyin, Thalia Cirillo, and Citizens of the Fort,

I find it necessary to pen this letter in response to the recent public correspondences. It is not my intent to fan the flames of discord, but rather to clarify the values that guide my actions—values rooted in the Decusian faith.

Firstly, Ashlyin, I appreciate your attempt to clarify the situation regarding the merchant and the keys. However, the issue at hand is not merely about material possessions or misunderstandings; it is about the virtues that ought to guide our actions. In the Path of the Eight Virtues, humility is paramount. It is not merely a word but a way of life that calls us to recognize our limitations and seek guidance. Your actions, unfortunately, have shown a lack of this virtue. Decusians believe in collective decision-making, especially in matters that affect the community. Your unilateral actions have disappointed me and stand contrary to this principle.

Thalia, your letter was filled with accusations and assumptions, yet it lacked the virtue of Wisdom, another cornerstone of Decusian faith. Wisdom calls us to seek the truth diligently and act upon it. I have to tell you that you have accused me of dishonesty and malice without seeking to understand the full context. As for the incident you mentioned from almost a year ago, I don't have any interest in old vendettas. My focus is on the present and how we can live by the virtues that should guide us all.

To both of you, and to the community, the virtue of Charity is not merely about giving materials or coins; it is about showing kindness and understanding, even when it is difficult. The recent events have shown a lack of charity from your end, and it is disheartening.

To make amends and truly follow the Path of the Eight Virtues, I propose the following:

Open and Honest Dialogue: Discussing our concerns and plans openly, without prejudice.

Collective Decision-Making: Involve the community in decisions that affect them. This is not just a Decusian principle but a principle of good governance.

Act with Charity and Humility: Before taking any action, let us consider its impact on others and seek guidance from the virtues that should guide us.

Seek Wisdom: Let us not act hastily but take time to understand our actions' full context and implications.

This letter serves as a reminder of the virtues that should guide us all. It is easy to stray from the path, but it takes courage and humility to return to it.

In closing, I must address the issue of the missing horses and the cut-out human heart left in my animal pen. These are grave matters that require immediate attention. I implore the Deputy Auditor and the relevant authorities to investigate these incidents thoroughly. Let us not allow suspicion and discord to tear apart the fabric of our community.

May Decus guide us all.

Sincerely,
Damon

Meriel
Character: Burning Leaf

Post by Meriel » August 28th, 2023, 6:10 pm

* A concealed figure wanders through the fort and surrounding environs taking down notices everywhere they are found *

By Decus, no one cares.

* As the figure is about to shuffle the papers into the pyre, something catches their eye and with a chuckle they hold one paper back letting the rest be consumed by flames *

This one is worth saving.

* With a dark chuckle, the figure reposts only the hastily drawn phallus with wings *

gery

Post by gery » August 29th, 2023, 10:26 am

*Being a diligent decusian, puts up copies of the letters, and exact verbatim copies of all responses, and also posts outside the bulettin boards for the officials at the Foundry*

[As concealment is forbidden in the fort, the investigator should look for witnesses and apprehend the law-breaker]

Sylvi Iramdottir
Character: Thalia Cirillo

Post by Sylvi Iramdottir » August 29th, 2023, 4:39 pm

[This IS NOT what LEGACIES are for- it has ended here- the rest handle ig ffs]

gery

Post by gery » August 31st, 2023, 12:32 pm

[then ask a staffer to move it and don[t power RP, way to welcome a new player OMG]

PhoebusG
Character: Amon d’Ivelli

Post by PhoebusG » October 3rd, 2023, 5:58 am

[A parchment is affixed to the public board, its corners sealed with the emblem of the First Torian Legion. The ink is bold, the handwriting disciplined, as if each letter were a soldier in formation.]
Hear ye, citizens and wanderers, craftsmen and zealots alike. Let it be known that those who labor in earnest within the fort's walls now stand under the aegis of Amon di Ivelli, once a high-ranking officer of the First Torian Legion, now a devout member of the parish.

Any transgressions against these protected souls—be it harm, intimidation, or slander—shall not go unanswered. The hammer of justice, forged in the fires of the Foundry and tempered by the codes of the Venerated Republic, shall fall swiftly and without mercy. Furthermore, slander against my name shall be faced with a prompt and detailed investigation. One cannot go around harming others and looking for targets to pin their foul-hearted acts on.

Intimidating defenseless persons, crafters, and newcomers alike is a despicable act, and it will be dealt with accordingly.

In the spirit of the Republic Foundry and the sacred tenets of our parish, I vow to uphold this decree until the heavens themselves crumble to dust.

Amon di Ivelli
Former Strategos of the First Torian Legion, Current Armsman of the Parish