Damon's Application

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
gery
Character: Damon Bennett

Damon's Application

Post by gery » January 20th, 2019, 8:20 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
No, first time.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
No experience with UO. As for actual role-playing in general, I have only some minor experience with DnD.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I have a friend here and I have heard quite a bit of the RP and complex gameplay in this game. That sounds very interesting and I would really like to give it a try.

What will your character’s name be?:
Damon Bennett
Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Height: 5’9
Hair: Long, white and unkempt hair and beard
Eyes: Blue

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Knowledge and power, all for the sake of ridding the world from the Ill and all other evils that plague humanity.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Damon was raised by the Curch of Decus in the Eastern Baronies after he was abandoned there as a baby and has been a low-ranking member of the Circle of Illumination caste for as long as he can remember, as well as a fervent worshiper of Decus. After witnessing firsthand the horrors that are brought on to innocents by both demons and humans, as well as his inability to do anything about it, he has decided that things have to change. Armed with his faith and wisdom he has been traveling while looking for ways to help those in need ever since. His next destination: the First Province.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
Damon watched those desperate offer what they can to the officiant, just for a chance of being granted entry. After giving some assistance and food to those less fortunate around him, he makes his way to the check point and speaks.
"I am named Damon Bennett, member of the Circle of Illumination of the Church of Decus. In these desperate times people must be reminded that they are not alone and without hope. I wish to spread the light of Decus to every reach of this tormented land and help cleanse it from the evils that lurk within."

Scarlet
Character: Ellie Andrews

Re: Damon's Application

Post by Scarlet » January 21st, 2019, 2:15 pm

The officiant Barely even glances up from cleaning dirt out from under his nails with his fancy jeweled dagger as the man speaks. "Another of the faith eh? Seems to be plenty of those desperate to die here. Think they will change the world and all of that." He holds out his hand expectantly for a moment. With a lack of response, he seems mildly surprised. "What? No official papers....? Harumph! Well, Don't expect to get anywhere trying to sling around influence. If you were not sent here specifically by the church, those on the other side won't listen to your wailings." He mutters under his breath, wiping invisible sweat from his empty hand onto his shirt. Quietly: "Not worth my time..." Then more loudly, in an irritated voice: "Well get out of here then if you're in such a hurry to return to the flame!"

Approved