Marin [previous beta character]

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
saga
Character: Marin

Marin [previous beta character]

Post by saga » January 20th, 2019, 8:59 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
Yes; Marin

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
I've been RPing since AOL was a thing. I've RPed on various MMOs and shards including Grimmwold, Khaeros, Dark Age, and Requiem!

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I had a good run during beta, and now have some time to play again. I don't expect whole lot, just a good time.

What will your character’s name be?:
Marin

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Marin is a tall and shapely woman with a strong dancer’s form. Her dark skin and fluffy, long, light-colored hair probably makes her stand out a little among most. She looks to be in her early-to-mid twenties, but some of her mannerisms and way of speaking may convey someone older than that. Instead of the frou-frou clothing that one might expect of a bard to wear normally, Marin, when the weather is good for it, often opts for clothing that allows for better movement and shows off her physique since dance and acrobatics are her main focus.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
In addition to obvious need for a safer place to live, a bard always follows the crowd and goes where they’re needed. Their duty might seem frivolous to some, but maintaining morale in these times is important.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
One of the main factors of Marin’s drive is to continue her work to honor her forsaken troupe members. The members of her small group succumbed to either Torment or the horrors and chaos that beget from it, leaving her wracked with survivor’s guilt and sobbing herself to sleep at night. She’s since found her strength again, and continues to go where she’s needed, just as they did when they were all together.

IC Response:
Marin had kept an eye on what did and didn’t work. Given the amount of coin that slipped in the officiant made her feel relieved; they weren’t at the “can’t eat gold” point, it seemed. She had her life’s savings with her; if it didn’t get her through, she’d have to accept that fate… until she could come up with a better plan. After ducking and dodging for what must have been months, it was almost surreal to see this kind of civilization again. She inhaled--which was a mistake considering the surrounding… bouquet of aromas--and slowly exhaled to relax herself, then took a step forward; it was her turn to see the officiant.

“I don’t know what types of people lie behind those gates,” she said before leaning down to speak softly to the officiant. She parted her cloak open just enough to pinch her fingers down into her cleavage formed by her bodice, and slowly withdraw a small pouch. “But, surely, you can’t say no to having another in there bard; not one with assets such as these?”

She turned the bag upside-down so that the golden coins could form a little pile in front of the man, and hoped for the best.

Scarlet
Character: Ellie Andrews

Re: Marin [previous beta character]

Post by Scarlet » January 21st, 2019, 5:46 pm

The officiant completely ignores the gold, instead, looking her over with a lecherous grin, his eyes never quite reaching her face as they stay focused on the implied offering below. He leans closer to whisper against her ear, his tone oily. "How about you keep your coin, little lark, and you can give me a private audition when I get off here in a couple of hours. Perhaps you would do better on this side of the Pass for now." He reaches out to try and caress her cheek. "You do realize, of course, that I could have you arrested for trying to bribe me? I might be willing to....overlook it this time, depending." He ran his tongue over his lips, as though savoring a sweet treat, awaiting her reply.

A reply to the current situation is needed for approval

saga
Character: Marin

Post by saga » January 21st, 2019, 7:04 pm

Ah, this option. She was used to this. Like everything in life, moments like this were just a dance. Either it would go smoothly, or someone might trip up. There was only one way to find out, after all.

With her well-practiced mask, Marin donned the most coquettish smile. She coyly tucked away her money, murmuring as she oh-so-slowly leaned away from his hand with a subtle cant of her head. "Private? I'd like for everyone to watch my dancing, you know," she said, her wide, brown eyes making fearless contact with the officiant's own.

"You see-- Let me assure you that I'm far more than a simple after-work treat." She eased upright, reaching beneath her cloak to bring around the beautiful lute she wore slung across her back. She plucked off few notes of a soft melody that complimented her speech. It was probably a sound the outpost needed to hear amid the chaos.

"With my life devoted to performance, I continue the work of my forsaken troupe with the art of dancing -- and music, as you see-- in this world, going where I need to go, and soothing souls such as yourself with the arts so that we can all have the morale to survive another day."

She leaned down again, just close enough to where the officiant could feel her body heat. "So, while I'd me more than happy to show you the spectrum of my acrobatics after your work has finished, I think it'd be more fun with a crowd--perhaps at an inn with a few good drinks, and a clean, dry, safe place for me to prepare?" She canted her head. "All the best for an incredibly special treat for such a hard-working man and so many others after a long day, right?" She shrugged, then grinned, stopping her little tune.

"What do you say, Sir?"

Scarlet
Character: Ellie Andrews

Post by Scarlet » January 21st, 2019, 9:05 pm

The Officiant seems flustered and confused by her reaction, his body responding to the affirmative confirmation in her words. The usually stoic Thomas gives a loud guffaw at how neatly the woman outwitted him. With a red face, he waves her past, mumbling that he will be taking her up on it.

Accepted