Poison damage on weapons

Resolved, closed or solved reported bugs.
Voss
Character: Mikhail Voss

Poison damage on weapons

Post by Voss » April 15th, 2021, 5:18 pm

I did a bit of testing on how quickly weapons degrade when you use Melee Poisoning perk, and I believe there may be something wrong with the durability loss formula. I found that a weapon will be destroyed long before the poison charges are exhausted. For this test, I used an Exceptional-quality Off-Hand Dagger with, and I recorded the durability loss per strike:

I had to repair my weapon two times from the "Battered" or "Almost Broken" states before the poison charges were used up (and this is with normal strength poison, it would be even faster with greater or deadly poison). There is a 90 Alchemy perk called "Proficient Poisoning" which increases the number of charges by 30%, but this increase would not be of benefit since the weapon will be destroyed long before the charges are expended.

I'm assuming that the weapon should at least last through one set of poison charges, given that there's a perk to increase the number of charges... so that's why I believe there's something wrong with the formula. I know that when non-alchemists use a poisoned blade, the weapon corrodes much faster, so I'm thinking it's possible that this accelerated decay is also being applied to weapons wielded by the alchemist?

Sic
Aeolian Staff
Character: Isidor Abendroth

Re: Poison damage on weapons

Post by Sic » April 15th, 2021, 11:40 pm

Thanks!