Spreading the Passive Infusion Regen

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Controll
Character: A Diabolist

Spreading the Passive Infusion Regen

Post by Controll » April 20th, 2021, 4:33 pm

Hey!

Currently characters gain ~300 infusion per hour passively, and on top of that some Kindling Bonus and Sanctuary Bonus depending on specific conditions. This is a great system, but I think it could be nice if the passive gain was spread a bit more - for example instead of gaining once per hour the passive gains could proc up to 4 times in a hour, once per 15 minutes. The actual amount of passive infusion per hour should remain the same. So instead of gaining 300 infusion by one tick in a hour at a set time it would be four ticks in a hour, each giving 75 infusion, totaling to the same amount.

The reasoning is that it would encourage players to log in even just for a measly 15 minutes and would also encourage players to spend time in Sanctuary/RP Hub areas no matter what the clock is at that specific time.

Mektor
Character: Mektor

Re: Spreading the Passive Infusion Regen

Post by Mektor » April 20th, 2021, 7:37 pm

+1

Carpenter
Character: Ines Carpintero

Post by Carpenter » April 20th, 2021, 10:52 pm

As a forager, I benefit from having to visit the city only once per hour if I want to grab that sweet sanctuary bonus. I would still be willing to sacrifice it in exchange for encouraging people to spend more time in RP hubs. Interaction and getting stories going together is likely the thing that will keep us going in the long haul.

Spreading the area of the sanctuary bonus might be worth considering as well. Could faction settlements qualify? I know at least two towns would like to draw people away from FP. On the flip side, it could encourage people to hide away in their walled faction areas, too.

Wyrmlance
Character: Svatomir Varga

Post by Wyrmlance » April 21st, 2021, 3:45 am

+1.

Won't solve the issue of people AFKing in their hideyholes in the Fort, but it will encourage other people to RP and log in more, even if they had a shorter time to play. Wouldn't recommend making faction areas a Sanctuary, though.

skew
Character: Ramona

Post by skew » April 21st, 2021, 10:30 am

+1

Too many times I've ran out of Prae to see the bonus ping, and I miss my sanctuary bonus! Despite having spent 59 minutes in Fort Prae.

Kent
Character: Requiescat In Pace

Post by Kent » April 21st, 2021, 10:38 am

Agreed!