Meta Sunset Proposal

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Kent
Character: Requiescat In Pace

Meta Sunset Proposal

Post by Kent » April 28th, 2023, 9:11 pm

Most serious(More serious than requiem) roleplaying games have a sunset on meta. This allows stories to be showcased on the forums more freely, past events nostalgia'd over without feelings of guilt in public channels etcetera.

Industry standard is about twelve months. Given the lifespan of UO drama, I think that is a more than adequate timeframe.

Atreyo
Character: Fiat Tenebrae

Re: Meta Sunset Proposal

Post by Atreyo » April 29th, 2023, 11:35 am

Nothing would please me more, and I even advocate the period for said sunset to be shortened within the range from 6 to 8 months.

Granted, I hold no enmities among the playerbase (at least that I'm aware of) so it might be simpler for me to reinforce this request, but given the overall quality of interactions taking place in the server, it's ultimately a waste not experiencing regularly the penmanship of others due to concerns of people abusing this information. While the concern is valid, the resolution to avoid adding content to the RP boards should not stand indefinitely.