New Character: Bendros Stonehaven

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Valos
Character: Cefric

New Character: Bendros Stonehaven

Post by Valos » July 18th, 2023, 2:14 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

Still very new, have one character, who i plan to focus on primarily - Cefric. Looking to play a shopkeeper to enjoy the gathering/crafting side of things sometimes.

How did you hear about Requiem?

Google Search/Reddit Post

What will your character’s name be?

Bendros Stonehaven

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Bendros is a huge bear of a man, standing six and a half feet tall and weighing 250lbs. He isn't the prettiest man to look at, his broken nose and eternal scowl is further enhanced with several scared claw wounds running along the right side of his face.

He is a bit hairy, with mid length dark brown hair, a full beard, and hairy arms and chest. He is not fat, but his frame is bukly with muscle that comes from a life of hard work.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Despite his grim appearance, Bendros is a kind hearted man who spent his youth working, cutting logs and mining stone. He enjoys smashing rocks and felling trees.

He was recruited by a small time Parish to venture into the Rustwood to help combat the Torment, and he proved to be effective at keeping them at bay with his giant hammer. When the months turned into years, however, he grew weary of the soldier life. He preferred the solitude and simplicity of mining and logging.

Then he met Felicite and she changed his world. A year later, he had left the militia, had gotten married, and they were traveling to the First Province together to start a new life.

Bendros hopes for a simple life, mining and hunting to stock the shelves of Felicite's fashion shop. Deep down he worries, however, that he will have to pick up arms against the monsterous dead than he would like.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Bendros is a simple, solitary man who likes to get things done. He's no socialite, and leaves most of that to Felicite.

He prides himself on being reliable and courageous, and but does not like the way fighting weighs on one's soul.

He is a thoughtful, contemplative sort. Very introspective. He keeps a journal of his life and his thoughts, but does not share that with anyone.

-------------------------

Bendros is a man of quiet contemplation, thoughtful preperation, and decisive action. Waiting in line to board the train, somehow managing to balance seven different pieces of luggage while also keeping track of Felicite (app pending) wasn't his idea of a good time.

The luggage pile he was holding blocked his vision, and he lost sight of Felicite for a bit. When he looked up again he saw her boarding the train. She waved him to hurry up, and went to grab seats.

He shuffled forward, one of the suitcases slipping but he readjusted so it didn't fall.

The official paused mid speech to look around the luggage and give Bendros a quizzical look. Then he continued.

With a heavy sigh, the large man slowly placed the luggage down and extended his hand to the official. "My wife is already on board, and I've got her luggage, so I'd appreciate it if this went smoothly."

He rummaged through his pockets and pulled out some paperwork and handed it to the official.

"It's all in order," he said, a bit impatiently. "I'm sure she explained all about the shop we plan to open."

The official looked at Bendros, then over at the train. He frowned briefly.

"What's all this?" He pointed to the luggage. "Trying to bring goods in without going through the proper channels?"

Bendros chuckled and gave the man a wearied look.

"I told her we could only bring the essentials." Then he looked down at the luggage. "These are the essentials. You know, clothes, bath oils, perfumes, makeup, brushes..."

"This is a dangerous place." The official said with a hint of concern. "Are you sure you two are up to this?"

"After years working for a Parish to keep the dead out of the Rustwood, I think we will be able to handle the First Province."

The official nodded. "Ah, good then. Your papers look in order. Gather all this up and get moving. The train is about to depart."

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: New Character: Bendros Stonehaven

Post by Coty » July 18th, 2023, 11:53 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

Just a note: Not really any torment within the Rustwood. It is mostly seen further west on the western edges of the Mid-lands and heavily in the Western Provinces.