Ppl killing my packhordes in pen

General discussions concerning the world of Requiem and the community.
gery
Character: Damon Bennett

Ppl killing my packhordes in pen

Post by gery » September 17th, 2023, 4:17 am

This is the 3rd packhorse that's killed inside my horse pen. What is up with thayt, is this an exploit? What is the point of the horse pen if anyone can just kill them?

Mystery
Character: Daphne Whitestar

Re: Ppl killing my packhordes in pen

Post by Mystery » September 17th, 2023, 10:00 am

You might want to surround your claim with walls or other legacy decorations that block the line of sight…

It can be mookery by one / some of the players (although I don’t know why someone would want to do such a thing) or some ranged hostile NPC’s may be wandering around your house. (Especially at night.)

Wormwood
Character: Jakell Wormwood

Post by Wormwood » September 17th, 2023, 1:22 pm

Or just end up using the stables in the fort; its a silver each time you stable the pack horse but will save you gold long term if you keep loosing them.

gery

Post by gery » September 17th, 2023, 2:16 pm

i had legit pillars of stone everywhere... not only is this bad RP but also griefing, 3 pack horses, wtf?

gery

Post by gery » September 17th, 2023, 2:17 pm

my pen is right next to 2 more... this is players

gery

Post by gery » September 22nd, 2023, 4:52 am

how do I remove the pen from my land, im basically paying to get my horses killed??

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood » September 22nd, 2023, 8:24 am

There is a little red button in your claim flag menu next to the word "declaim" - click this and it will put your flag into your pack. You can place it again over your house and zone the area to just cover the cabin. If done right I think the horse pen will decay and you'll only need to pay the rental on the cabin squares.

Doing this won't affect the locks or anything.

Atreyo
Character: Fiat Tenebrae

Post by Atreyo » September 22nd, 2023, 12:31 pm

Just to be on the safe side, did you check with staff via a ticket if perhaps it's something to do with the pen itself? I think I went by the house in question and it seemed the pen's boundaries sorta overlapped with the hut right beside it. If nothing else, removing and recreating the pen with a tad more space can solve the problem if this is not player asshattery at hand.

gery

Post by gery » September 23rd, 2023, 7:05 am

Wormwood wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 8:24 am There is a little red button in your claim flag menu next to the word "declaim" - click this and it will put your flag into your pack. You can place it again over your house and zone the area to just cover the cabin. If done right I think the horse pen will decay and you'll only need to pay the rental on the cabin squares.

Doing this won't affect the locks or anything.
thanks i think it worked!

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood » September 27th, 2023, 9:19 am

Glad to hear it!