Character Application - Artoria

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Eora
Character: Artoria

Character Application - Artoria

Post by Eora » January 9th, 2024, 5:12 am

PLAYER QUESTIONS:

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played?

I do not.

How did you hear about Requiem?

I expressed interest in a RP shard and was told of and recommended Requiem

CHARACTER QUESTIONS:

What will your character’s name be?

Artoria

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Height: 5'8
Weight: 170lb
Build: lean but muscular
Eyes: green
Hair: red
Skin: pale
Notable features: a small scare on her left cheek and scars of battle frequent her body

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Born to a reclusive family in the woods. Her father was a veteran of the templars but fled with his wife during the purge of the witchkin. Her mother was practiced in the arcane arts and would have been executed if not for her husband and secrecy of it. From a young age Artoria was taught self defense, though normal blades proved to large for her she grew accustomed to using a larger weapon.

She never knew of why she and her parents would live in solitude and tried to explore farther then her father would allow. This carried into young adulthood when she managed to sneak off and leave the forests she was accustomed to. Unbeknownst to her she was followed back. What happened that night she does not speak, but it caused her to become who she is today. She still holds onto some minor things that remind her of her family, including her fathers ring. Through her travels she learned it bore the crest of the templar.

She traveled to the western province after that event and had been there up until the current day. While she is still naive in terms of the general practices of the outside world she often does her best to do what she sees as right. Always trying to help and sometimes kind to a fault. She made her way in the world taking lower end easy bounties on creatures and bandits alike. Even if she comes back beaten and bloody it will never break her spirit.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Hearing of the state of the Eastern Barronies she vowed that she would do what she could to help those in need in the province. The tales of what happened in Tor with the spread of the Torment had shaken her to her core. Nothing could stop the feeling of urgency she had towards making it to the eastern most province.

Scenario Response:

I look down at what gold I have left, 'it couldn't possibly be enough...' is the only thought in my head. I swear I had seen others talk their way through. Maybe I could as well? I'd rather not resort to skullduggery to get through, but will if I must.

I straighten my back, trying to look like I belong, and walk over to the officiant. He looks at me with a stern look before speaking.

"Present yer papers or move out of the way." His voice gruff and impatient..

For a small moment I hesitate before thinking of a bluff. I raise my right hand and present my father's ring. Mustering all of my confidence I speak.

"I'm here to help reinforce the templar in the region." I tried to sound as confident as I could.

He looks at my father's ring and then looks me over.

"Ye look pretty fresh, must be new meat for the grinder." He chuckles at this attempt at humor.

I gave a slight chuckle to humor him.

"Well then you better head on and report to your higher ups, I can imagine they cannot wait to throw ye to the wolves."

My heart was pounding. Slowly I walked past and took a look a quick look back. He was questioning another potential entrant. 'I can't believe that worked' I've never been a very good liar but it seems my attempt to look confident made me appear as a fresh recruit. Luckily he wasnt a templar himself or he would have seen right through my bluff...

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Character Application - Artoria

Post by Coty » January 9th, 2024, 9:44 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!