New Character Applications - Barga

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Fen'drael
Character: Barga

New Character Applications - Barga

Post by Fen'drael » April 6th, 2024, 3:16 pm

Prior Experience with Requiem:
I've played twice before, each time for a few weeks. However, the complexity of the system turned me off. This time, I'm opting for a simpler approach and avoiding crafting/magic and the like. I hope to find some roleplay traction in-game to build my interest.

How did you hear about Requiem?

Through Google ^^

What will your character’s name be?
Barga

Physical Attributes:
Barga is a stout man in his early 40s, with a rugged appearance indicative of a hard life. Standing at 5 feet 10 inches tall, he possesses a solid, muscular frame, weighing around 140 pounds. Notable features include a weathered face marked by scars and a determined expression.

Intentions/Motivations for Entering the First Province:
Barga's primary motivation for entering the First Province is to accumulate enough wealth to retire comfortably. He plans to achieve this goal by offering his services to important figures within the Republic. He seeks to prove his loyalty and valor by accompanying esteemed individuals into the heart of danger, hoping to earn recognition and favor in return.

Character History:
Barga emerged from the slums and ghetto, his upbringing steeped in the gritty reality of survival by any means necessary. His past is cloaked in regret, as he navigated the murky waters of a less than moral existence, driven by desperation and necessity. With the weight of his questionable past weighing heavily on his conscience, he seeks refuge in the promise of a fresh start, a chance to leave behind the shadows that haunt him.

Barga clung to a sense of duty and loyalty, a flickering ember in the darkness of his past. Through brutality and loyauty, he carved out a reputation as a dependable protector, his skills honed in the alleys and backstreets of his youth. Each day brought new dangers to navigate, but Barga remained resolute, determined to ensure the safety of those he cared for, even at great personal risk.

Driven not by ambition or desire for recognition, but by an unspoken need for redemption, Barga sets his sights on the First Province. It is not fame or fortune he seeks, but rather an opportunity to prove himself anew, to demonstrate his unwavering dedication to a cause greater than himself.

In-character Response to Scenario:
*Barga observes the bustling scene before him with a sense of grim determination, his gaze sweeping over the crowd gathered outside the outpost. Despite the palpable tension in the air and the ever-present threat. As the officiant addresses the assembled crowd, Barga steps forward, his expression resolute as he meets the officiant's gaze with unwavering determination.*

"Barga seek passage into the First Province,"

He announces in a deep, commanding voice, his tone carrying the weight of his conviction.

"No fancy papers or coin to offer, but Barga stands ready to serve and protect."

*He pauses, his eyes narrowing in determination as he locks gazes with the officiant.*

*The officiant's expression remains inscrutable as he considers Barga's words. After a tense moment of silence, he finally nods.*

"Very well. Your resolve is admirable, if nothing else."

*He concedes, gesturing towards where he could get the visa in the outpost.*

"Get back to me after the doctor has examined you. But know that the dangers you face beyond those walls are unlike anything you've encountered before."
Last edited by Fen'drael on April 6th, 2024, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: New Character Applications - Barga

Post by Coty » April 6th, 2024, 3:27 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!