Lancel Redwyne

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
Ghost4life
Fresh Meat
Character: None Yet

Lancel Redwyne

Post by Ghost4life » November 23rd, 2018, 12:36 am

Character Application
The following constitutes an application for a character in Requiem. Please copy the below fields, fill them out using a word processor, and then post the completed application to our Character Application Board, located here. The staff will the review the application, and upon approval, your character will be granted a Quarantine Visa in-game, allowing them to leave the Rumbling Pass Quarantine Checkpoint and enter the world of Eden.

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played: I’m a first timer at Requiem

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two: I have played neverwinter nights for years in Roleplay servers. I have always preferred strict roleplay worlds instead of action or roleplay light environments.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard? I haven’t read everything in the Primers yet, but I look forward to getting to play with people that are interested in immersive roleplay. I had wanted to play a mage of sorts, but seeing that they were outlawed, I don’t want my first character in the world to be so controversial. I think I will stick to something a little more simple to start with and play a woodsman or ranger of sorts.

What will your character’s name be?: Lancel Redwyne

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features: Lance is young, in his early twenties, though living life in the woods, he’s uncertain of his exact age. A diet of foraging and hunting small game has given him a lean and short stature. A scar across his chin and down his neck the sign of a stupid kid playing dangerous games with animals weighing twice his weight.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province: What started as a long-distance trek following a deer he downed, turned into a three day hike until he eventually sighted the walls of civilization. Unlettered and unschooled, Lancel made his naïve way into civilization to see what it had to offer only to hear about the torment and to realize that he had been sheltered from its existence having lived within the camp. Seeing the effect of the torment, the young woodsman wants to bring the skills he has been taught to help others succeed in their more heroic endeavors.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret): Lancel was raised by family, in the deep woods. His family consisted of men and women in a rough encampment surrounded by high wooden walls.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

You have finally arrived at your destination; the Rumbling Pass checkpoint. Before you stands a massive outpost, looking to have been erected only recently, of which is patrolled by numerous Legionnaires and Church Templar. The outpost guards the only viable entrance to the recently quarantined First Province; the home of Tor, the fallen capital of the Republic. Sitting at the foot of the massive mountain line that effectively contains the First Province within, the outpost serves as the last obstacle you must overcome before gaining entry into the quarantined territory. You and others like you assemble outside of the palisades of the outpost, awaiting the opportunity to speak your case to the presiding Legion officiant who is processing admittance to the Province.
You watch as but a scant few of the dozens that approach the officiant, whom stands at the outer gates of the outpost flanked by a few heavily armored Legionnaires, are actually allowed to pass through the man-door and into the outpost. You see some slip pieces of gold to the officiant, while others plead their cases and rationale as to why they should be allowed to enter the recently fallen territory. Some appear to provide some sort of paperwork to the officiant, whom promptly waves them through. While eavesdropping, you manage to overhear the well-rehearsed speech the officiant provides to those whom don’t provide paperwork or grease his palm.
“By decree of the Venerated Church, the First Province is considered to be a mortal health hazard, and as such, is quarantined under Article Eighteen of the Republic Treatise of Health Act of 1320. Citizens who do not possess a Quarantine Visa issued by one of the recognized Factions of the Republic are considered non-essential to the reclamation of the First Province. Under Article Eighteen, non-essentials seeking entry into an official quarantine zone must petition for entry into a said zone, and state just cause for the issuing of a visa by the perimeter authority. State your business and make it good, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for months without adding yours to the pile.”
You ponder the situation for a moment, evaluating your options. It’s well known that with the right connections and the right amount of coin, one can get their hands on a Quarantine Visa from any one of the major Factions of the Republic, or even a passable counterfeit from more nefarious sources. At the same time, it would appear that the officiant doesn’t appear to be above some simple bribery. However, you’re sure that some of those let in appeared to have made a convincing case with the officiant. Gathering your wits, you make your decision as to how to gain access to the First Province.

Understanding little in the ways of the wider world, Lancel would see that those offering either paper or coin were allowed through. Possessing neither, he would look around at the bustle of men around him. Drawing a small skinning knife from his belt he walked past a man who seemed to carry many of the coins on his person. Using the knife he cut a hole in the man’s purse, catching a few coins as they fell out. Slipping his knife back into its sheathe at his side, he nodded with a polite smile to the unknowing man. Hitching the bow up higher on his shoulder he made his way to the armored soldier watching the gate and placed the coins in his hand. With all the gall of a naïve child he simply walked past the man with a smile, giving him little opportunity to count the coin or hold him up for further questions.

Kristijonas
Character: Kristijonas

Re: Lancel Redwyne

Post by Kristijonas » November 23rd, 2018, 5:09 am

Congratulations, adventurer. Your application is...

Approved.

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!