Hala Gallagher

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
Hel
Character: Emma Averesch

Hala Gallagher

Post by Hel » November 30th, 2018, 2:17 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

Yes, I played briefly years ago, and I have played as Emma Averesch recently.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

I’ve been roleplaying for a long time on a bunch of different mediums.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I want a great story, and that’s what I expect from the shard.

What will your character’s name be?:

Hala Gallagher

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Hers was a face carefully sculpted on divine inspiration and golden ratios, the memory of which would have served men gone to war. Titanic dark brown eyes held impossible depth to tell a thousand more stories than one lifetime should have been able to while soft lips curved into an inviting cupid’s bow. The sylphidine woman had dusky skin and appeared to be in her mid-twenties, usually in practical dress and with inky dark tresses pulled back.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Hala intended to enter the First Province to continue her studies related to the affliction commonly known as the Torment, having had it on good authority that a great deal of prior research may have also been found in Tor.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Hala Gallagher was one of eight children born to a Kaduraan native and a legionnaire gone abroad from the Midlands to be stationed in Antongrad for many years. Her upbringing was a challenging one, marked by horrors in every chapter, but her family and community pulled together to overcome the trials whenever they were able. Three of her siblings and many more of her friends did not live to see adulthood. Due to the state of Kaduraas being that of a scarred wasteland damned with a high concentration of the Torment, Hala found hope for the world in the works of the Apothecary Corps and local healers and so chose to become a physician herself. Ultimately, her work took her Eastwards towards the First Province.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

Hala had abandoned the line when it had nearly been her turn. The five individuals to make their case to the Legion officiant before her had been turned away, and she had seen every one begin their trek into the depths of Volgen with the same hollow look to their eyes, purpose lost. It had not merely taken days, weeks, or even months to reach the Rumbling Pass checkpoint. It had taken years. There, standing before the massive outpost that guarded entry to the First Province, Hala refused to risk it all by letting her chances ride on the shoulders of her pride in skill and past achievement. She would not simply argue her worth to a stranger.

Instead, she made camp with those who had been turned away and yet had remained by the checkpoint to try again, often lending services to those of the Rumbling Pass in the meantime to prove themselves. She tended to the ill there for nearly a month before a surgeon of the Apothecary Corps caught on. After working alongside each other for a number of weeks, Hala revealed her intentions for entering the First Province but lamented her lack of a quarantine visa. The surgeon had laughed, grey eyes lined with all his years of experience, and said, “Let me make it easy for you then.” A quarantine visa was written up for her on the authority of the Apothecary Corps that same eve, but she spent one more night in the camp, treating the damned and those both she and her newfound friend knew would likely be dead within a year at most, given the state of the world.

In the morning, Hala took her place in line again, long fingers curled about the quarantine visa she’d been issued until at last they surrendered the paperwork to the Legion officiant. She was a tall and slender woman, carrying all the heavy burden of no less than four bulging bags strapped to her shoulders, no doubt filled to their limit with all the medical supplies they could contain. Her bags were thicker than her, and her body swayed with the weight of them even as she righted herself before the officiant. He looked her up and down with an appraising eye as she told him, “I’m a physician. I’ve been given that quarantine visa there by the Apothecary Corps.” She didn’t tell him her name. Her name wouldn’t have mattered. He never asked for one either, and he waved her through.

Kristijonas
Character: Kristijonas

Re: Hala Gallagher

Post by Kristijonas » November 30th, 2018, 6:12 pm

Congratulations, adventurer. Your application is...

Approved.

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!