Coeddil

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
Hagbard
Community Vet
Character: Adalrik

Coeddil

Post by Hagbard » November 30th, 2018, 3:37 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

Yes indeed, I have played here in almost every iteration of Requiem there has been, and I'd like to believe I was a founding member back in the day.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I have roleplayed within Ultima Online to different extens within the last...17 years or so.
I've played on more Ultima Online roleplaying shards than I can remember, with Teraivon, TSSE, Keisthai, Dark Age and Requiem being a few of them.

What will your character’s name be?: Coeddil

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Coeddil is a tall and thin young man, blonde and fairskinned with a mirthful smile on his lips. His skin is well taken care of, and he still has all of his teeth in good condition. His face reflects the enthusiasm with which he moves, and whenever he speaks it is with vigor and nearly bursting with laughter. He is quite slender in build, though with a sinewy strength.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province: Coeddil believes himself destined for greater things than a life of backbreaking toil. He is still young and has an adventurous spirit, which has led him to the conclusion that both glory and riches can be won in reclaiming the First Province.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Though beautiful and outgoing, dark currents run beneath his appealing exterior. Coeddil may seem friendly and mirthful, but he is also cruel and petty. He plays the dutiful citizen to those above his station, but woe those beneath him and left to his mercies.
Few know this side of him, and that is the way he prefers to keep it.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

You have finally arrived at your destination; the Rumbling Pass checkpoint. Before you stands a massive outpost, looking to have been erected only recently, of which is patrolled by numerous Legionnaires and Church Templar. The outpost guards the only viable entrance to the recently quarantined First Province; the home of Tor, the fallen capital of the Republic. Sitting at the foot of the massive mountain line that effectively contains the First Province within, the outpost serves as the last obstacle you must overcome before gaining entry into the quarantined territory. You and others like you assemble outside of the palisades of the outpost, awaiting the opportunity to speak your case to the presiding Legion officiant who is processing admittance to the Province.

You watch as but a scant few of the dozens that approach the officiant, whom stands at the outer gates of the outpost flanked by a few heavily armored Legionnaires, are actually allowed to pass through the man-door and into the outpost. You see some slip pieces of gold to the officiant, while others plead their cases and rationale as to why they should be allowed to enter the recently fallen territory. Some appear to provide some sort of paperwork to the officiant, whom promptly waves them through. While eavesdropping, you manage to overhear the well-rehearsed speech the officiant provides to those whom don’t provide paperwork or grease his palm.

“By decree of the Venerated Church, the First Province is considered to be a mortal health hazard, and as such, is quarantined under Article Eighteen of the Republic Treatise of Health Act of 1320. Citizens who do not possess a Quarantine Visa issued by one of the recognized Factions of the Republic are considered non-essential to the reclamation of the First Province. Under Article Eighteen, non-essentials seeking entry into an official quarantine zone must petition for entry into a said zone, and state just cause for the issuing of a visa by the perimeter authority. State your business and make it good, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for months without adding yours to the pile.”

You ponder the situation for a moment, evaluating your options. It’s well known that with the right connections and the right amount of coin, one can get their hands on a Quarantine Visa from any one of the major Factions of the Republic, or even a passable counterfeit from more nefarious sources. At the same time, it would appear that the officiant doesn’t appear to be above some simple bribery. However, you’re sure that some of those let in appeared to have made a convincing case with the officiant. Gathering your wits, you make your decision as to how to gain access to the First Province.

"Watch this" he said, and gave the guard a blink with one eye. Coeddil put down his belongings on the ground, and the proceeded to vault onto his hands, and walk a few steps before flipping back onto his feet. Upon landing he segued the motion into that of a deep bow, and looked up at the stunned guard with a wide smile. "Coeddil, at your service, and if you think that's impressive you should see me with a sword!". He brushed off his clothes and walked towards the guard. "What the province needs is forward thinking, my friend, and I bring it in ample amount. Add to that my swordarm, and you've got yourself a bargain! Really, you should be the one trying to convince ME to enter!". Coeddil laughed merrily at that, and continued "Alas I jest, but 'tis the truth and nothing less! I am a more than capable swordsman, and I've known my fair share of hardship! Let me in and within days you shall surely have heard of my deeds!".
He quickly hurried back to his belongings, and fetched a bottle of hard cider. "A parting gift, I insist. Let us have a drink together to celebrate the beginning of my story, and you can brag that you were THERE when I arrived!".

Kristijonas
Character: Kristijonas

Re: Coeddil

Post by Kristijonas » November 30th, 2018, 6:00 pm

The guardsman was in a good mood and let you in after sharing some cider with you
Congratulations, adventurer. Your application is...

Approved.

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!