Crispin Locket

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
Vernum
Character: Francesca Ivory Ashton

Crispin Locket

Post by Vernum » December 1st, 2018, 4:02 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
Yes. I played Francis Avery Eston, Jillian Millet, Hendal Triev, Johannes Thalhoffer and Rollo Costello during beta this act.
Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
I went to a LARP when I was eleven. I was chased on a field by members of another woodland hick tribe, and when I tripped and fell I farted. The memory still stands out as the strongest sensation I've had while roleplaying.
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I want to see player actions lead to lasting consequences. And for a change I want to be there when Wyrmlance PDs instead of the other way around.
What will your character’s name be?:
Crispin Locket
Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Crisp looks the part of a naive young lad with his curious hazel eyes that are yet to develop deep hatred or distrust toward anything. His light hair reaches past his ears and to his forehead, beginning to curl before his eyes. His face still has some boyish roundness in it and carries numerous old scorchmarks and barely visible scars. When Crisp walks, he bobs up and down like a spring.
Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Crisp firmly believes that the First Province is the place where he has the best possibilities to pursue his craft in terms of uncontested resources, recoverable schematics and test subjects. He's heard of the First Province through letters from his second cousin who resides there.
Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Crispin is of Midlands descent, but has apprenticed in Greatport for most of his life. He has picked up the lifestyle of the eastern baronies and considers himself more of an easterner than a midlander. During the final part of his apprenticeship, he got increasingly interested in firearms, and through exchange of letters with his second cousin, became interested in the First Province as a place to hone his craft. With enough coin in his pocket earned through crafts to make the journey, the young artisan decided to pursue his destiny in the quarantine zone.
Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
Crispin joined the queue with the officiant's words still ringing in his ears. He'd done some work for the Republic Foundry in the past, but carried no official status. His attire, while clearly that of an artisan, had perhaps too many little engineering gizmos and sprockets bulging out of his pockets and peeking out from his backpack to seem professional, not to mention the layers of road dust he had gathered on the way. Drawing a deep, resigned breath through his nostrils, Crisp felt his hand finding his last resort; his bulging pouch of silver. When it was eventually his turn, he laid out a major portion of the coin for the officiant's hungry eyes, smiled sheepishly and stated with a voice that could've been more confident:
"Crispin Locket. Engineer, tinker. Essential in providing material support for the reclamation of the First Province."
In his head, he told himself he would earn the coin back by offering his services for exorbitant prices to independent survivors when he'd get in. From what he had heard, there was no abundance of competition.

Kristijonas
Character: Kristijonas

Re: Crispin Locket

Post by Kristijonas » December 1st, 2018, 4:07 am

Congratulations, adventurer. Your application is...

Approved.

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!