Legacy of Rikard Luzkin

A forum dedicated to single-thread posts of characters within the game world to help document large events, stories and milestones in one consolidated thread.
Ericson
Character: Rikard Luzkin, Marcellus Avenicci,

Legacy of Rikard Luzkin

Post by Ericson » September 18th, 2022, 1:41 pm

Rikard Luzkin

If you do not ask, you shall not know
- Banal Platitude

[[ Most spoilers redacted, but minor ones below - read at your own risk. DO NOT METAGAME! ]]

Theme

Full Name: Rikard Luzkin
Birthdate: around 15th of Midsummer 1288
Birthplace: small labor town outside the Rustwood
Birthsign: Virtue
Appearance
Height: 4' 10"
Weight: 136 lbs
Eyes: Faded light blue
Hair: dirty blond
Skin: tan with a mid complexion
Handedness: right
Posture: despite some physical limitations has a rather good posture
Hygiene: Clean
Scent: smells often of alchemy and what ever he was cooking

Physical Description: Standing a mere 4' 10" Rikard has always been a short and easily overlooked man. He has seen better days though. His face is marred with blemishes and scars. Missing all but one tooth and having a piece of his jaw missing (healed). Rikard tends to keep his hair and beard combed. He does have a mighty strong beard and long hair. His blue eyes have a faded look to them. He has spent far too much time under the sun
Personality
General Health: Having many Physical issues and maiming he is not exactly a fighter, but his overall health is surprisingly good.
Profession: Alchemist and Preacher
Faction Affiliation: The Eight Virtues / Humanity
Languages: Common
Accent: Western territories and Eastern Baronies mix
Roleplay Tools: somehow always has a drink close by, and a book with his prayers

Hobbies: reading, writing, alchemy, botonny, researching, and theological study
Habits :Often picks his nose, farts, burps, gets drunk.

Personality Description: Jovial even when sober, tends to preach morals when he can, does not attempt to proselytize or convert. Shy's from talking about his past. He holds a lot of personal baggage with him but refuses to let it hold others down.

History: Not much is known about Rikard before he entered the firs First Coast. Rikard was at one point a Pirate who came to raid the First Coast, but his ship sank in combat with Black sails. Having arrived in the Plantation Rikard intended to drink himself half to death till he got back to the sea. However a chance encounter with a lady named Fionna made him change his mind, he once again followed his true calling as a preacher and cleaned up his act. He now seeks to teach those around him the Eight Virtues (from his perspective).

Strengths: Caring, Generous, Intelligent, Fearless
Weaknesses: overly tolerant, Ugly, Drinks, Very short, permanently injured

Ericson

Re: Legacy of Rikard Luzkin

Post by Ericson » September 25th, 2022, 7:30 pm

The light of candles flicker throughout the room. A short man, fervently rights down words in a collection of papers and books. The sound of pen on papyrus echoes in the silent library, like a soft symphony. Now and again the librarian peeks in to make sure the man is still working. His head cocks up a few times as he thinks on the proper wording and to takes a breath and clear his thoughts.

Scribble scribble

A silence fell over the room, that was then ended by snoring. Once more the short man had kept writing till he fell asleep on his work. A short time later the Librarian would wake him and send him out to sleep somewhere else. Which was fine, you do not want a man snoring all night in your library. the next morning he walked to the fields to pick vegetables, and cook them for breakfast and lunch. On his walk back to the library, he passed by the gate, his breath now labored from the walk. He was not out of breath, far from it, he had always had trouble moving - a slight hobble or wobble to his step since childhood.

Creak, and clack, the door opens and closes to the library.
Scribble scribble

Finally, as night falls once more, the man leans back. His face illuminated by the candle flicker as he stares at the papers and small books. A small smile placed on his lips as he lets out a long sigh of relief. The writing is done. His smile faded. He thinks to himself.

How long did this take? My third attempt, and finally its done. His gaze goes distant and unfocused. He thought about how he got here, he thought about the entire journey up till now. His expression steeled as he began to pour through his memories...

"This path, is not easy and never was. I still do not know if i truly forgive you."

Ericson

Re: Legacy of Rikard Luzkin

Post by Ericson » November 6th, 2022, 10:04 am

In mid morning of a midsummer day around the year of 1288, a very small and undersized child is born to a family of laborers working on the outskirts of the Rustwood. The baby was at least half the size a healthy baby should be, and if not for the pleas of a mother who already lost two children - this one may not have gone beyond its first cries. To say the Father disapproved of his child is not so clear, more so he blamed himself and his wife for siring a child so small. Whilst his mother loved him, she grew to regret having kept him in such a harsh world that would show no mercy to him.

"I do not know if my Father loved me, I do not know if my Mother resented me. I do not know if it was my fault."

As Rikard Grew up he was quickly outgrown by many of his peers. Unable to keep up with other kids, unable to work the same minor jobs given to young children due to his stubby fingers and lack of size to move things properly. His parents went into a routine of working even harder to keep things going for their family, after all a work camp you work. Rikard would try to help out, more often then naught his attempts slowed others down however, and it was rare he ever was asked or given tasks. His parents would simply run around and leave him in the house when it was time to work and he'd stay behind to figure out what to do.

"If I could bring the Tools to the woodsmen, or the dyes to the textile workers - I could be useful."

As time passed, Rikard realized he had a great love for reading. The mere idea that reading was not common had been lost to him - if he could read anyone could read. Rikard's love for reading did not go unnoticed, as the local Priest of the church found him in the tiny library trying to read scrolls and codex of the faith and history. The Priest took a keen interest in this and helped him learn, to his surprise, Rikard learned fast. What more Rikard had a beautiful singing and speaking voice for someone so small and young. It would be a couple years at this point that Rikard would surprise the Priest once more by reading a passage that was written in High Decusian, from there, the Priest had brought Rikard into the employment of the Church. Sending word to Tor of this young prodigy.

"Was it really so odd to read, and speak? Others can as well right? It doesn't put food on the table like chopping wood."

The sun rises on yet another mild day. The sound of wood being chopped and sawn, the sounds of the day starting. Rikard woke up to an odd sound a rare sound, the laughing and yelling of children. It was a rare moment where the Kids of the camps didn't have to work. As Rikard peered out of his window he saw them all on the tall hill, tackling and throwing small rocks at each other, as they tried to dodge and enjoy the day. With out much thought Rikard ran out the door to join them. He ran as fast as he could to join in. His hobble of a walk, which he always had since birth, slowed him down slightly. The sun already in his eyes as he made it to the top - ready to rush someone to champion his arrival. Only there was no one to rush, by the time he had made it to the top the others were already down the other side and daring each other to enter the Rustwood. Then, they went in and vanished into the shadow. Their chatter and mocking of each other carried over the trees. Rikard just stood there on the hill, unable to keep up once more, and left behind to do other things more befitting a small person. A cool breeze bellows over the hill top for a few minutes as if to shoo Rikard off. Its okay, the smell of breakfast from home brightens his mood.

"I must have been brought here for a reason.. "