The Diaries of Judas Locke

A forum dedicated to single-thread posts of characters within the game world to help document large events, stories and milestones in one consolidated thread.
Lucien
Character: Lucien

The Diaries of Judas Locke

Post by Lucien » February 20th, 2023, 5:39 am

Judas Lock
"All life is an experiment."-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Full Name: Judas Amadeus Locke
Birthplace: Redholme
Birth sign: The Fool
Appearance
Height: 6'
Weight: 173lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Lightly tanned
Handedness: Right
Posture: Formal, submissive
Hygiene: Well Groomed

Physical Description: Judas stands six foot even, weighing in at 173lbs. He is in his mid-twenties and seems to be somewhat fit. His hair is pitch black with eyes of blue. Several silver hoops dangle from his ears and a large angry scar runs from the corner of his mouth to the middle of his jaw on the right side. Another smaller scar creases the top of his lip and another his left eye brow. Old burn scars can also be seen on the underside of his left hand.
Personality

General Health: Suffers from long term scarring and lung damage.
Profession: Servant/Engineer/Horticulturist
Faction Affiliation: The Maxwell Family
Roleplay Tools: Diary, Silverware/Tableware

Hobbies: Journaling, Science, medicine
Habits: Invading personal space

Personality Description: Judas has spent most of his life as a servant to the Maxwell parish and as such naturally assumes the role when meeting others. Judas can appear shy or perhaps even fearful of those around him, but inwardly is driven by his curiosities. Due to the severe scarring on his face, Judas has become accustomed to averting his eyes from those he's speaking with, rarely will he lift his face to meet theirs. Additionally, The damage sustained to his lungs has robbed Judas of much of his voice. Only able to muster a whisper in most cases, forcing him to often invade others space in order to communicate. Which only seems to further exasperate his awkward demeanor to those not familiar with him.
History:
At a young age Judas lost his family to a terrible fire which nearly consumed him as well. His family lived on the property of a Notable Redholm Family, The Maxwell's, and acted as their grounds keepers and servants. After the tragedy Judas was adopted by one of the Maxwell's. From there his life was that of a servant, student, and some times test subject to his mentor and adopted father figure.

Strengths: Loyalty
Weaknesses: xenophobic

Governing Virtue: Humility
Governing Throne: Shame

Lucien

Re: The Diaries of Judas Locke

Post by Lucien » February 20th, 2023, 5:46 am

We made the trip to the first province and the professor seems pleased. He assures me that the freedoms allowed here will be paramount to his research. though I worry for our security or rather lack thereof.

The people we meet here seen strange and unaccustomed to proper living. They seem not only to overlook the filth and decay surrounding them but revel in it. Though they seem eager to help and friendly I wonder if it is all just a show.
- J. Locke
Last edited by Lucien on February 20th, 2023, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucien

Post by Lucien » February 20th, 2023, 5:52 am

Another night in the first province and our comforts grow. The Professor has managed to acquire a small wagon workshop for the two of us. Not what you would call fine by any stretch but a suitable start. Enough space for one comfortably. I shall attempt to stay out from underfoot.
-J. Loche
Last edited by Lucien on February 20th, 2023, 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucien

Post by Lucien » February 20th, 2023, 5:57 am

The people here seem to confound me more every day. From the outside they seem very basic and uncivilized, though upon closer examination it seems that there is some refinement among them. They just, presumably, choose to live like this. The loss of life will be treated with such care in one moment, and in the next those same actors are stacking corpses without a second thought or simply leaving bodies where they lay. I should watch my step surely and trust that the good professor will see us through.

Tonight I feasted on a hand full of cooked loaf a vendor foisted upon me bare fisted and a bottle of stale wine rescued from a trash heap. My resolve grows thin.
-J. Locke

Lucien

Post by Lucien » February 20th, 2023, 6:05 am

The fauna here are incredibly deadly. Large lions, bears, and ravenous wolves prowl the fort in all directions. Venomous snakes, fetid pools of murky sewage, wild cannibals, and rouge apostates seem to thrive in the first province. Unchecked, save for the locals in search for valuables and fame. I shall make an effort to improve my martial prowess as it seems that without such skills we are not long for our graves.
-J. Locke

Lucien

Post by Lucien » February 20th, 2023, 6:17 am

The Venerated Inquisition have taken the Fort! I had hoped for a grand parade with celebrators tossing bits of colored papers into the air. A grand marching troop, armor gleaming in the daylight as their foot falls signaled their arrival in a great thundering tempo. Musicians bellowing from their windows the noble song of the republic! But alas, the fanfare was forgone. They came without so much as a waive and bow. To my shock the people seemed filled with fear and paranoia. They all but scattered and I in turn did the same.

Its been two days since they have arrived and talk has already started on the streets. They are pulling in people for interviews, seeking a witness for some unknown crime. I have attempted to remain out of the way. As a good Decus fearing man I have nothing to hide, however no sense in chancing getting caught up with someone else troubles. For now I shall live off the coin I've made and attempt to stay out of public eye and concerns. It appears during the confusion I have lost sight of the professor. I do hope he isn't upset with me. I shall seek to find him as soon as possible.
-J.Locke