A War Within

A general forum for all in-character posts as they relate to Act VI: Absolution, the characters that inhabit the world at large, and the events that help shape both.
The Broken Sword
Character: Alaric

A War Within

Post by The Broken Sword » June 12th, 2021, 6:15 pm

**What follows are excerpts from Caius' journal, perhaps in time it will find it's way to the hands of another.**

It has been too long since last I have stepped foot upon this land. Yet, still a child's memory endures. She is scarred by blade and by flame, once a beautiful realm riven through the agency of Man. I have witnessed figures, dressed in austere blacks, calling for the purification of those they deem to be Apostate. Yet, they unknowingly share the streets with this sinner, this soul which has been long bereft of virtuous cause. They cry out, proclaiming heresy devours the hearts of men, and turns the province into a principality of vice and corruption. Yet, I have known such proclivities borne of even the most righteous of spirit, their attention torn from the true enemy and cast upon their neighbors in judgment. And, I am further withdrawn toward the disgraceful tides of introspection. Pondering of my own shortcomings, haunted by memories of the fallen.

Just the other day, a man entered the tavern without making a sound until he was upon us, and I lost what grasp of reality I have so desperately held onto. Before I knew it, a wapon was in hand and leveled to the poor man's throat, my heart hammering like a Volgen smith. Fortuitously, no one was injured, and the man apologized by purchasing another round. His name was Artemis, a sworn-man of the De Ravin Parish. And, I hold no ill-will toward him nor his brethren.

Perhaps some fresh air will asist.