Personal Journal of Rufus Vilantri

A general forum for all in-character posts as they relate to Act VI: Absolution, the characters that inhabit the world at large, and the events that help shape both.
Mogrand
Character: Rufus Vilantri

Personal Journal of Rufus Vilantri

Post by Mogrand » October 28th, 2021, 4:46 pm

Entry:

Cabbage and Corn for dinner again tonight.
The stale air around this place makes me uneasy, but the resources are bountiful.

Entry:

Scavenger birds now being scavenged.
Wait till they are distracted with fresh kill, not bad, could use some seasoning.

pipe leaves should be dried soon. Let's hope nothing gets into them before then

Entry:

Need proper drying racks, but not bad.
Might try to hang from a tree rather than cut away areas in bushes for them to dry.

Bold Flavor and once properly dried will make for a fine smoke.

Entry:

Killed a risen corpse today trying to eat a bird.
Killed another bird a few minutes later trying to eat on the corpse,
but I just couldn't stand the thought of it getting that bird.

Soak and Boil bark till tar like, great natural sweetener.

Entry:

Next batch hung, tree offers better drying but will have to keep a closer eye for critters munching on them.

Boiled Corn, Cabbage and Crow only thing missing is a fine mead.
May have to venture into town soon, dreadful places, disease, unwanted conversation.
Perhaps these bones can work out a still, remove the need entirely.

Mogrand

Re: Personal Journal of Rufus Vilantri

Post by Mogrand » December 3rd, 2021, 2:57 pm

Entry:

Hollowed out a stump to make a Northern Torch for the night. Seems it was used as a cache some time ago. a rather large glowing blue orb was wrapped up and atop several books and parchment. Will have to examine it all further to know the true depth of what is here.

Entry:

Further study revealed much, mostly basic notes on principatus and minor spellwork conjuring ice. Nothing relating to the origin or purpose of the glowing orb.

wild bird,onion,potato. boil pot, cook 3 hours.

... Feel I will have to resume work on things long left behind. Is it really worth stepping back into the world? Moriums will be needed, time to travel from my nook.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » December 9th, 2021, 6:09 pm

Entry:

Still haven't left the nook, though I did begin a nice carving project that has kept me occupied.

Hopefully, the log will carve out into a nice little portable meat smoking chamber for sustained traveling in the region. I've heard of fellas burning out a log then chiseling it down, might try that to cut down on my time.

Stick propping thin slices of venison for now by the fire, the rate it takes be lucky if I can preserve half of it. the chamber should help on that as well, holding heat and evenly drying the meat. Constant rotation is tedium.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » January 10th, 2022, 3:15 pm

Entry:

Lucky day, I guess. Found a gem in the belly of my bird dinner. Twas a Morium.
The manifestation of Healing Winds certainly drew power from the morium, it has been some time since I have felt that connection.
This is dangerous, in isolation one can easily lose one's mind. Yet, I haven't discerned the location of another who can manifest that I would trust.

Entry:

The materials are already collected, designated for other purposes, sure but ample supply.Time to begin studying once again. I shan't be caught off guard like we were when The Numbered showed his face after the encounter with that elder daemonic entity.
Still remember the arrogant sarcasm in his voice when he spoke on how impressed he was that we managed to summon such a creature. Reminders of what meddling gets you. Remember this Rufus.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » January 15th, 2022, 11:53 am

Entry:

A bull took a shit in my nook. The audacity, he must be trying to claim territory.
Will need to keep an eye out for him, in case he becomes more aggressive about his claim.

The fresh batch of tobacco is perfect, remember a very light spread of honey for curing. Sweetness mellows the inhale.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » February 12th, 2022, 2:48 pm

Entry:

The bull seems to have meandered on, though the scent did attract scavengers. Good eats.

Keeping myself distracted from it all is becoming harder and harder. The draw to tap the power and feel it redefine my presence is overwhelming.

Time to take up a hobby, perhaps I will invest time in making some jewelry and trinkets from the flora here.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » February 16th, 2022, 10:14 am

Entry:

There is a density in the air, I can feel the shift.
Things will begin happening soon.
Some think it mostly random carnage of people, but true evil is a living beast. Spend enough time with it and you can sense it lurking, waiting to pounce like an imperial reed cat.

I hope they're ready...

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » February 24th, 2022, 4:43 pm

Entry:

My dreams are beginning to haunt me. Three nights in a row it has repeated.
We truly are our worst enemies. My mind using its worst fears to justify the craving it desires. I've been down this road far too many times to fall for those tricks again. Some call it Wisdom, I call it knowing bullshit when you see it and that includes your own.

Need more honey, bark tea without it is intolerably bitter.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » March 11th, 2022, 3:00 pm

Entry:

The Bull returned, as predicted they were marking the area for a mating meeting up.
No Cow Fuckin in my Nook! Put that Bull on the run the only way that would keep him on the run. Nice icy bolts to the dangly bits. He won't be returning. Then again he is a Bull.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » March 25th, 2022, 2:53 am

Entry:

abscondo in portu tranquillitatis meae, monstris procellae quae per me fluit...