Personal Journal of Rufus Vilantri

A general forum for all in-character posts as they relate to Act VI: Absolution, the characters that inhabit the world at large, and the events that help shape both.
Mogrand
Character: Rufus Vilantri

Re: Personal Journal of Rufus Vilantri

Post by Mogrand » April 2nd, 2022, 7:45 pm

Entry:

The Bull taunts once more, even the frozen danglies weren't enough to keep him away.

A man of the West once told me that if an animal persists with you, yet does not harm it is a guide. One led by the divine to keep ones on their path.

A bull would be apt I suspect, my entrenchment in solitude is about as stubborn as one.

I remember him mentioning a way to contact your spirit, but it was a dangerous journey. One must bring themselves to the border between life and death, four days without food or water, a fast of the physical body. Only there can one glimpse at what dwells in the Spiritus Regnum.

So the question then becomes... Do I want to walk the path once again?

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » April 10th, 2022, 5:00 pm

Entry:

Do believe the ritual must happen. I can't go on without having an answer.
Most things I need I can collect in the area, though I will need to venture out for others I fear.
For the ritual itself, I will need a fair amount of Beet Juice. This will be the Grounding for the circle. Wheat Sheaf to catch the voice of the spirit on the wind and strung Cucumber to filter the message through its watery receiver. Oak Logs will be preferred for the burn length and energy released from hardwood.

The Spiritus Regnum is not inhabited with only those of good intent, tis a realm much like our own, stacked upon our own. An ointment must be applied, coating the entirety of the body. It is not only to protect against spirits who might mean harm but also to alert friendly spirits to one's presence.

Turmeric to fortify the body, Garlic the mind, and Ginger the spirit. Mix with water till totally diluted. Mix with Lilly Petals and Acacia Gum, for their pleasing scent and thickening properties, and turn it into the paste texture it needs for application.

I doubt I will like what I will hear, but an answer is an answer.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » May 12th, 2022, 3:01 pm

Entry:

Experimented on the process, not eating or drinking before actually gathering things to test my body's resilience to even attempt walking the bridge.

Conclusion is, do not attempt. Leave it to the Westerners to starve themselves into hallucinations.
I'll venture out when I'm good decus damned and ready, till then the world will just have to continue to fall apart.

Note: Went a little heavy on the honey on this batch, flavor is delightful though the honey clogs the pipe. Not worth the effort.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » May 15th, 2022, 11:50 am

Entry:

Fucking Daemon.

Haunts my dreams, he cackles at the circle as we are powerless to defeat him then it is he who puts us in the prison box, an endless void of darkness and cacophonous laughter.

Cold sweats are getting annoying, there was one among us oh if I could only remember his name.

The old man, though he wasn't all that old, just weathered by sun and stress. He's one of the few that could be trusted. One of the few who could understand.

D

That's it! His natural ability to manipulate undergrowth and common creatures of the wild was unparalleled, even within the historical remnants from the consortium I managed to sift through.

Likely dead or left the province at this point, all of them have but if anyone would still be lurking in the province...

The Forest....

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » October 14th, 2022, 4:00 am

Entry:

Enjoyed a fine blend of my honey tobacco. Got it just right, the hint of flavor without the extra stickiness to clog up the chamber.

The clouds tricked me tonight, they spoke of rain until I studied the dark clouds longer. They weren't rain clouds at all but that of smoke. Something was ablaze, and that meant nothing good.

What I had feared is now arriving, fate waits for no one I suspect, I will be forced to leave soon.

They will need me.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » October 20th, 2022, 6:09 am

Entry:

A final trick up the sleeve, if I'm going to be needed I need to be where I was. This isn't ever what I intended, but when do we ever get that? Will need to make myself what I should have been from the start.

Memoria Memini

Will need to mix my sauce of Cinnamon, Turmeric, and Alfalfa first. Make sure it is prepped and ready to dump into the drained stew of Bettle, Bat, and Newt parts needed.

The tricky part is getting it mashed just right for the proper mixing of the juices, to ensure everything gets the kick it needs. Mortar and Pestle will work but will certainly get messy. I would attempt to eat whole but unsure of what unforeseen consistency would be yielded from such an attempt. Better safe than sorry, especially in matters as delicate as these.

The rigors of this may very well be worse than the Westerners' rituals, but this is a battle of the mind rather than the body, one my old age is better suited for.
Left with little choice, I must know that it will succeed.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » November 18th, 2022, 12:17 am

Entry:

The wolves guarded the area well, and gave an old sack of bones a little bit of a winded breath as I had to run them around the terrain to freeze them in place.
It has been some time since I have had to manifest on the offensive, it was an unwelcomed venture back into conjuring in a more direct manner.

The results yielded what was needed, the barrier that I and several others helped create still stood firm at the tower. The barrier of course recognized one of its creators and let me through. The familiar feel of the place, both tranquil and hostile. A great battle was fought here, and yet a great many good times seem to overburden that one instance of horrific mistake.

It seems not much has changed, for when I reached the top XXXIII still stood her ground. Ever present that one, hopefully, she will outlive me in these days to come.
Weary from my trek across the area I lay now ready, knowing, and ambitious for resuming my work in the arcane. I feel it is no longer about my caring, it is a necessity

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » November 22nd, 2022, 12:01 am

Entry:

The books of ole, collecting dust, primarily used as decoration it seems. Wonder how many have actually bothered to take down and read what they thought they knew.

I did.

Needed a jolt back into the rhythm of manifesting again. Like riding a bike really, although I did stumble upon some notes that helped elevate manifesting. Something that seems so simple yet was never really thought of before, funny how that works.
Messy notes in the margins of one of the pages, but this part is clear and is the true gem of all future developments in this study, a study I will refer to as Meta-Manifesting.

The study: The root of any spell is not at first the Root word, it is Intent.

Touched on this some years ago during my time as the master enchanter for the Ouroborian Circle. Was merely theory at the time.
With a few tricks from XXXIII that some of the influx of new arcane masters in the regions have shared, I was able to make manifest of spells without verbalizing or gesturing. Truly incredible.

I've manipulated objects at distance, conjured staves and blades of ice, even so much so as to create an aura of energy to increase the ambient mana in the area.

All of this done with nothing but unwavering concentration, this is only the beginning of what may be possible.

My passion floods back all in the course of one set of old notes.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » January 21st, 2023, 6:05 pm

Entry:

Entry:

I

Hazy winds that cast upon the night sky are ever glaring into my soul.
It surprises me what one can sense when it is nothing but you and the wind.
Only a cold silence breaking the void that is my pipe, the smoldering embers prevailing in the darkest of hours.

The flavor was wild-picked near the tower, mixed with the last of my honey batch.
Thick, Primitive dried leaf. It was a true lingerer.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » January 22nd, 2023, 5:03 pm

Entry:

Entry:

II

KI

Substance, Well-Being, if you know the root of these words, you know the root of life itself. Even in the wind, its icy chill echos such confirmations in the darkest of nights.

There are many names for what I seek mastery of, and I have brought the abbreviation Ki to use. Simple, Elegant, could even be logicked to those science types. Chemical use or something to placate the radicals if need be.

Life escapes at the darkest of hours, but in the frosty winds, it carries a message of hope.
I wonder what is at the end of its trail...