Personal Journal of Rufus Vilantri

A general forum for all in-character posts as they relate to Act VI: Absolution, the characters that inhabit the world at large, and the events that help shape both.
Mogrand
Character: Rufus Vilantri

Re: Personal Journal of Rufus Vilantri

Post by Mogrand » January 23rd, 2023, 12:45 pm

Entry:

Entry:

III

The result is pure and undeniable. Is it a mistake or what I was looking for?

Coughed a shard of ice in front of XXXIII, She didn't seem to want to draw attention to the fact she spotted it. We watched it melt together, I wanted to see what would come of the smoke in it as it melted. Nothing, but least I know.

I have a notion vomiting ice is not in the top ten of the strangest things for XXXIII to have seen.

I've changed my need of sustenance to that of the ambient winds around.
Frozen are my hungers for food and exhaled on the night skies.

I fear this feat may not be reversible, would it be a blessing or a curse if it weren't?

Time will tell.

Ki

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » January 25th, 2023, 3:42 pm

Entry:

Entry:

IV

Conscious Torpor? Not sure that is the words I would use for it, but it seems like the most palatable. To prevent the constant coughing and vomiting of ice slush from my chest as I smoke in deep study of its effect, I have taken to keeping myself asleep for good portions of time.

Seemingly dead, I heard tales of such a thing through westerner monks. Leave it to returning to their antics to getting things done. They did know how to evoke result, got to give them that.

It's hard to get your hands on anything of value from before the purge, but the one thing they couldn't remove was the word.

Try as they might, it still lingers and the lessons I was taught in my travels abroad through their words have brought me begrudgingly to where I am now.

May the blessing of the Bees and the Ground be upon me.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » January 30th, 2023, 7:56 am

Entry:

Entry:

A dream haunts my torpors. Not so much the daemon, but it Vexes me still. This being the location of our great failure and triumph.

It's sand, a whole world, inside an hourglass. I am trapped inside endless walking, although the sand is cold and looks more like snow. It even melts slightly under the feet as I walk.

Horrible sensation, but what can I do but keep moving.

This research may have taken a tragic turn, but I'm hopeful in result regardless of the outcome, one must travel to the brink to gain insight. So much deeper down the hole than I thought on my first theory testing since my return to the tower.

Minimal vomiting and losing consciousness so long as I sleep for long periods in between brief bouts of research. I would like to see more time awake but I feel the draw of energy from me would be too detrimental to these old bones, perhaps I will try a walk soon around the grounds. The youthful might stand to do better without having to exert so much personal essence into remaining consciously mobile.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » February 2nd, 2023, 8:25 am

Entry:

Entry:

In the essence of -making-, I see now that the conjuration of meta-manifestation relies on putting Facio as your primary root word.
Intent to create, pure focus, that word first then moving outward with your root element.
Facio Flamma, Facio Ventus, etc.. when mentally concentrated on as root elements of the mantra derive more potent effects.

Note: formed icy vomit into sword of ice as a test of concentration and intent. It seemed rather deadly and its melting took minutes longer than the lung slush itself.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » February 5th, 2023, 3:16 am

Entry:

V

I believe I am stabilizing into my condition. My stamina seems to have drained from me, leaving me with little endurance. Time I started acting my age I suspect but never to be disheartened, for while my stamina may be drained it seems to have come with an invigoration of fortitude.

My days of falling unconscious from the coughing are at an end, but expellerant is still there.

Smoky slush that emanates from my coughing fits every few minutes. Some more than others, better than the full-on vomiting.

While this path satiates my hunger, I feel its feeding on my essence. This is not natural, yet it couldn't be more natural. It bypasses the need of direct consumption of life for the exchange, passive consumption of ones own.

Some might see it as suicide, but they fail to see that the essence is eternal, so long as the willpower to remain is there.

It is only when one fails to wish to live do they truly die.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » February 10th, 2023, 10:20 am

Entry:

VI

The wheezing and coughing to the state of unconsciousness has returned.
The torpors are seemingly not enough, not enough with using my essence to prevent them.

Pity.

Unsure where to go from here, the food around this tower no longer is good enough to be of value to me and my research has come such a good distance as far as surviving in a state of starvation.

One of which could be a means to fully sustain oneself, this could merely be the next evolution in the process.

The question becomes, do I want to find out or do I seek a manner to find some food of sustainability?

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » February 20th, 2023, 8:25 am

Entry:

VII

The slush, I use it to my advantage now, making it able to defend me in my times of torpor.
From Blade of Ice to Pillar of Icy Wrath, the slush can at least be seen and manipulated for useful intent rather than just a hindrance.

The question now is how to be rid of the fits of coughing to the point of unconscious? Doctors would likely know but there is far too much magic involved to bring them in at this point, least not at random.
There were a few in our former circle who were quite adept at surgical works, though if they were still around the Fort would be the most likely place to start looking for them.

A place I'm apt to avoid and even less in the condition to make the journey in my current state of survival.

I shall continue, for now, progress is slow but it is still progress.
I have felt the chill around me strengthen in my current state and have discovered means of manifesting without verbal mantra, pure intent.

This form of mine is debilitating but not deadly, I have mastered death from starvation but at what cost? One I can hope to at least lessen in time, mastery of the cold shall preserve me.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » February 28th, 2023, 8:37 am

Entry:

VIII

It seems the night chill brings more than just icy surprises.

A bird landed on the window sill and stared at me, I stared long and hard back at him from my chair. He watched me for some time hit my pipe, was a little eerie to be honest.

I never broke gaze though and through pure intent alone managed to turn the bird to stone, Ha! Least for a few seconds, it certainly did not stay after that.

This form seems to be allowing me to manifest into the element of earth as well, a third domain of meta-manifesting.

what will the earth bring me, perhaps a permanent state of sustenance?

I heard tales decades ago of pagan mages who could conjure food that would sustain them as well as invigorate. Perhaps this is something I could manifest forth with intent.

Note: At least have first signs of others visiting the tower, a stack of raw meat was left wrapped on the desk. Being it was left on the study desk, I took it to be used for study tools and focused my ability to turn flesh to stone. This will be useful.

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » March 4th, 2023, 7:56 am

Entry:

It was time, I had garnered enough research on the subject for now. I have left the tower and returned to my nook.

It's dangerous playing with research of that type and I always fall for it when given the opportunity.

Least a great deal was learned about sustaining oneself through intent and even meta-manifesting. This will go a long way to helping me defend my nook from the pesky animals that try to invade.

A Grubber has seemingly taken charge of the nook in my absence, poor bull.
I don't mess with him and he doesn't mess with me, I just stick to my dugout by the tree here and he roams around looking for trouble.

As thought eating did subside the slushy regurgitation after a while and all has been well. I've managed to stay away without as long of torpors now and seem to be normalizing.

It's amazing what one can do with magic, managed to survive for quite some time without any food, feeding on the pure zeal for life as sustenance. It was daunting but a knowledge worth knowing when one can force hunger upon you with twisted intent, or left in a barren area for a considerable time.

Feel I shall rest and recover here in the nook for some time before I venture out again.

The tower beckons me back already but I had little luck outside of XXXIII on finding fellow kin.

Perhaps I will need to venture into town from time to time, and learn the word on the street...

Mogrand

Post by Mogrand » March 31st, 2023, 11:12 am

Entry:

I've wandered into the fort.
Seemed best to recover properly from my ordeal at the tavern. Nothing like a proper hearth and the sounds of idle chitchat to help soothe the mind.

I have no coin to speak of, so I sit with my pipe and listen.
Haven't heard anything too interesting yet but I hope to catch a nugget that will lead me somewhere I can lend some aid.

Time will tell if I find something here or if I will need to venture back to the tower for further study, I feel I have only really touched the surface on meta-manifesting especially if one had a proper circle to perform the intent in mass.