Missing Wondrous Wares

A general forum for all in-character posts as they relate to Act VI: Absolution, the characters that inhabit the world at large, and the events that help shape both.
TheOriginalFive
Character: Viola Wandren

Missing Wondrous Wares

Post by TheOriginalFive » May 27th, 2022, 9:02 am

A day after the rat siege, Wanda ran breathlessly to her newly set up stall at the ground floor of the Craft Hall.

"Viola's missing!" she cried.

"Missing?!" Wisteria exclaimed, looking around in shock, and at the stack of crates to her right. "Did you check the Rest? She stays there nowadays."

Jemima added, "She said she couldn't help with the rat catching operation yesterday, so she wanted to go home right away."

Wanda shook her head. "I already asked at the Rest. Aurora hasn't seen her at all after yesterday evening."

"Then... Who waylaid her?"

Wanda leaned over and whispered, "The rats got her. Caley told me that Viola was screaming for help while running from a talking rat with a blowpipe, was shot down, and she was dragged away."

At this news, Wisteria paled. "No! We hid her from the talking rat who asked for her. It said it wanted cook-cook lady. All while I sat on her like a cushion so it wouldn't see. Then she said she would go home immediately after the talking rat was gone."

Wanda frowned. "You two should've sat on her longer, at least until Gryhun and the rest managed to block up the sewers."

Jemima said timidly, "Surely the rats won't eat her? She's so thin, they won't find much of anything."

"This is no time for jokes! Decus knows why they want her so badly," Wanda cried, stamping her foot on the ground. "Just because she's the main cook in town? What a horrible thing to do!"

"Flame guide her. We can't go after her either."

Wanda sighed. "No, you're right. If we all go after her too, everyone in the fort suffers."