The Dogsbody Boarding House

An in-character forum dedicated to the buying, selling and trading of goods and services of all kind within Absolution.
Some Guy on Requiem
Character: Milton Fields

The Dogsbody Boarding House

Post by Some Guy on Requiem » August 23rd, 2021, 4:53 pm

THE DOGSBODY
Boarding House

Located Just Outside The Scenic Foundry Fields

"Look, Decus' knows it ain't much more than a roof, four walls and a smatterin' of bunks. But that can be someone's everything when you lack for it. Thirty Silver, or more, for some coffin-sized hovel you can barely lay yourself down in? You show me a man thinks that's fair and I'll show you a damned liar! Brought my piss to a boil having to choose between that or sleepin' rough, so I up and did somethin' about it."
~ Dictated, not read; Milton Fields - Founder

OUR DOOR IS OPEN!

No favors, fees or fealty asked or accepted

Luncheon and lodgings are provided free of judgement or charge.
Plentiful storage for effects and personal items.
Clinic Adjacent!

"Many roads can bring a man to our door. But when you're in, you're kin."
Last edited by Some Guy on Requiem on September 13th, 2021, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Some Guy on Requiem

Re: The Dogsbody Boarding House

Post by Some Guy on Requiem » September 12th, 2021, 11:52 am

BIRD IS THE WORD!

We at the Dogsbody are thrilled to announce the recent addition of our spacious, and entirely communal, 'Coop-a-Cabana'! Why not stop by and celebrate the recent repair of Prae's grindstone with a hearty helping of freshly laid eggs? Or, if you're neighborly, point a stray hen our way?

"To the bird-napper who up an' rustled the dozenish hens we had already. I hope you are fed and well and wish you every grace Decus can grant a gal or fella in these times of hardship. If you'd of asked, I'd of given them."
Last edited by Some Guy on Requiem on September 13th, 2021, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Some Guy on Requiem

Post by Some Guy on Requiem » September 13th, 2021, 8:46 pm

HANDOUTS & HAND-ME-DOWNS!

You've asked and we've listened! By popular demand the Dogsbody now has a one stop drop off for donations. Outgrown that spring wardrobe? Old tools gathering dust? Why not give them a second lease on life with us?

"Look. I know it should go without sayin', but this ain't a trashcan. I beg y'all not to fill it up with junk that's just gonna rot and stink up the porch. Or spiders. Or implements of sin. If not for my sake than the sake of our boarders."

Some Guy on Requiem

Post by Some Guy on Requiem » September 23rd, 2021, 11:56 pm

YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER...

Nags, Mules, Goats, and draught animals of every persuasion rejoice! The Dogsbody now extends to you and yours some dearly deserved respite along these long and weary roads. When work wends its way to our doorstep take a literal load off! Unwind, unsaddle and help yourself to as much well-water and table scraps as you can muster!

"A horse doesn’t care how much you know until he knows how much you care. Put your hand on your horse and your heart in your hand."

Some Guy on Requiem

Post by Some Guy on Requiem » September 27th, 2021, 11:10 pm

RAISE THE ROOF!

Community Spotlight: There Goes The Neighborhood

None of us here at the Dogsbody could have anticipated how much our found family would grow when we first opened our hearts and our doors. It has been a truly humbling experience to see how far so few have come by only the content of their character and generosity of those around them. May the Flame keep each and every one of you.

Having broke ground on a boarding home, reputable clinic, praiseworthy roadhouse and--most recently--a craft hall we are truly only missing one more thing: YOU!

From today onwards the Dogsbody will not just be providing a roof, but raising them. Extending whatever aid we might to all peoples of good faith and standing that would place that faith in--and stand among--the kith and kine we've made.

STAKE YOUR CLAIM TODAY!

"In this home… We do second chances. We do real. We do mistakes. We do I’m sorrys. We do loud really well. We do hugs. But mostly, we do together best of all."

Some Guy on Requiem

Post by Some Guy on Requiem » October 10th, 2021, 10:01 pm

HOLLOWDAY FEAST!

GRACE-CEDIN'S GREAT FEEDIN'!

Tis the season for that most dear of Midland hallowed days, Grace-Ceding. A time for one to settle down beside the hearth with those that will warm the colder months to come. To give thanks and cede grace for the blessings they've received. And, perhaps most of all, to eat turkey.

With that in mind we here at the Dogsbody have set a place at our table for those we truly cherish, and hope to find you here when life allows. May the Flame light your hearths, as it has ours.

"Give thanks for a little, and you will find a lot."

Some Guy on Requiem

Post by Some Guy on Requiem » October 13th, 2021, 9:48 pm

DOLLY? PARDON?

Community Spotlight: Lost Doll

Found. One Hempen Doll.
Poppet was discovered sat out by the respite station, and likely to have been misplace while unsaddling a work animal.

"The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost."