Ponz' Woody Lil Wares: Orders Only!

An in-character forum dedicated to the buying, selling and trading of goods and services of all kind within Absolution.
Nedoral
Character: Matteo Ponz (deceased)

Ponz' Woody Lil Wares: Orders Only!

Post by Nedoral » September 17th, 2021, 7:44 pm

The old carpenter kept his gaze upwards, squinting under the blinding sunshine. There was hammering nearby, but Matteo wasn't responsible for it: a fat man on a small ladder was fixing a small plaque right beneath his shop's.

- What do you think? - he asked when he came down. Matteo kept his arms folded, but he was smiling.
- Read it aloud, will ya?
- Okay... - he covered his brow with a palm - "Now accepting orders!"
- Yeah, but there's more. What else?
- Oh! Dye...tubs?
- Dye tubs, mate! - he grinned broadly, budging the fat handyman with his elbow.
- Haven't seen these around for some time now.
- Yep, yer right.
- Say, how much for each one?
- Twentay-five shinies!
- Silver?
- Yep!
- Kinda expensive... - he scratched the back of his neck.
- Then go make 'em! - Matteo huffed - I gotta cut 'em boards, bend and restrain 'em, then varnish. Two coats! Not to mention the fella that brings tha color sacks, gotta pay 'im too.
- Seems a bit of work, aye.
- Lots! - he nodded - But I think it's fair. Plus ya get 'em dye jars with each tub.
- I see. Well, Ponz, I'm leaving - he offered his palm expectantly. Matteo reached for his pocket and put a silver coin on it along with a heap of yellowish paper.
- What's this?
- Be a pal and spread these 'round, yeah? They almost as good as word o' mouth - he smiled, folding the stack and practically shoving the bulk across the man's belt.
- That wasn't the deal - said the man, a crease forming on his brow.
- Then we make another, eh? Ya come back fer more o' 'em flyers, ya get more coin. Fair?
- Fine - he sighed, shoving his cap back on and walking towards the Market Lane.
- Oy! Tell 'em prices can change fer friends and folk with handy stuff!

Matteo watched as his hired help diminished on the road's curve and returned his gaze to the improved plaque. He always assumed he'd bring color to his block, though he could hardly have imagined it'd be through dye tubs. Well, he was soon to see how people missed adding their touch to their own wardrobe!

Nedoral
Character: Matteo Ponz (deceased)

Re: Ponz' Woody Lil Wares: Orders Only!

Post by Nedoral » September 19th, 2021, 11:02 pm

Matteo just returned form the Market Lane. Gripping the new addition to his sign with a firm grip, he ripped it from the plaque and tossed it in the bin. As good as his idea was, dye tubs were now being offered along with the usual stuff, so it was pointless. He walked into his shop and locked the door.