Maximus has something to say!

An in-character forum dedicated to the buying, selling and trading of goods and services of all kind within Absolution.
OrdinaryCitizen
Character: A commoner

Maximus has something to say!

Post by OrdinaryCitizen » December 9th, 2022, 10:40 pm

A tall and rather personable fair-haired man circles the booths in the Market Hall, repeating a routine like it was a psalm every few minutes throughout the day.
"Hear one, hear all! I, Maximus, have the news that is going to make-your-day! Our fair Bits and Pieces store offers a wide selection of simple stuff that everybody needs but nobody has time to go after: soft clean wool, freshly chopped lumber, atoxic beeswax, you name it!

We're always expanding the scope of our business, so expect more variety as time goes by! But that's not all! Do you have that annoying need to cross the entire First Coast for that single fresh vegetable and complete a killer salad? Are you going bananas stitching leather wrap after leather wrap and never getting to the good stuff? Then wait no more: pass the boring tasks onto us and go live your best life!

Can't miss it - enter the Crafter Hall and make to the stairs opposite the smelly tinker station, go round and seek the best looking bloke in that corner. We await your visit, you know you want to!"

OrdinaryCitizen

Re: Maximus has something to say!

Post by OrdinaryCitizen » December 20th, 2022, 10:14 am

The handsome blonde man goes around, shouting new deals at full lungs as he circles the stalls in the market area:

People ask, and Maximus delivers! Fresh cuts of meats already available at the requested prices! Don't think your wishes to fall on deaf ears! More soon to be stocked, check back often! Straight up the stairs and round the station of real classy, artsy folks! Come before flies start buzzing!

OrdinaryCitizen

Post by OrdinaryCitizen » December 23rd, 2022, 8:36 am

The blonde makes use of his booming voice in the center floor of the craft hall's marketplace, assailing everyone's ears as they go by:

"Cuts of meats mostly sold, an astounding success! They will be replaced by my associate when the weather allows! More sand in stock, come get those bottles done! Also, bundles of flowers available for the hot shot lady buyer, as promised! That order was quite in good taste, though a little bird told me she's also tasty! Maximus is looking forward to meet you! Don't keep me waiting!"

OrdinaryCitizen

Post by OrdinaryCitizen » December 26th, 2022, 7:04 am

The tall merchant goes around repeating some catchy phrases, though his voice is failing due to all the yelling:

"Major shipment arrived, we have wool and hides up the wazoo! First come, first serve! Ya'll been warned!"

OrdinaryCitizen

Post by OrdinaryCitizen » January 7th, 2023, 4:54 am

The blonde man goes around, boasting his usual routine while walking like a peacock:
Maximus lives the good life! The meat vanishes in our stocks, the wool doesn't even get warm before exchanging hands! Thank you, fair citizens in this fairer province! Also, you cry out, and we listen! Is it novice light-armored sets you wanted? We got your back! Are they as good as the top notch stuff? Hel no. Is it better than walking around naked, flapping Big Dewey freely? Definitely!

Check back often, we'll have more sets with different leather available in a jiffy! Plus, we promise to replace your regular crappy stuff with better ones if you happen to get any! Just seek my associate Nivellen, she'll sort you out good!

OrdinaryCitizen

Post by OrdinaryCitizen » January 8th, 2023, 10:27 am

There he goes again, assailing one and all who even ventures close enough to the Craft Hall:

Animal bits, major restock! We've got bones, eyes, sinew, you name it! Browse and ye shan't go home empty-handed! Novice sets of studded armor available! Standard, thick and spined leather to cater your every need! Bone armor sets too, come on, take a gander! Why save for later what you can buy today? Leave caution to the lazy, live a little!

OrdinaryCitizen

Post by OrdinaryCitizen » January 10th, 2023, 7:34 am

The blonde merchant leans on the ground floor railing of the hall, putting his voice to good use:

The armor sets are flying off the shelves! Thank you dearly for your patronage! Don't forget to tell Maximus if you need more sets, or a specific one! All bets are off!

He checks the hem of his coat sleeve, as if reading something:

Also, to the handsome Greatport lad, we have the wrappings and bowstrings you wanted! My partner sends her regards, you privileged rascal! Don't let them get dusty, claim them!

Wormwood
Character: Jakell Wormwood

Post by Wormwood » January 10th, 2023, 8:57 am

:: sorting through dyes and stains in the market place a few stalls over, Jakell looks over with a start. His green eyes take the peacocking merchant in with amusement and a quick blush comes to his face (or is it just the cold?) ::

"Thanks mate, glad to know she works with you. I'll make a point to visit your stall a little more often.

Let me see what you have."

:: after a few minutes of browsing, casting appreiative looks towards the man in between bouts of his heckling the market place when able, Jakell offers with a tentative smile::

"Hey, free later at all? I have some silver burning a hole in my pocket if your up for a drink? I'm Jakell by the way.."

:: a slender gloved hand extends ::

OrdinaryCitizen

New Armors! Repair Deeds!

Post by OrdinaryCitizen » January 15th, 2023, 8:05 am

Maximus walked around, boasting about his goods while spreading a strong-scented musky aftershave everywhere he went:
New bone-reinforced armors are in! Is it barbed you want? We have it, balanced all-around protection for everything but that easy-going wench you got your eye on! We got a horned set too, with stats to hold even chainmail but much lighter! Pretty good considering we're talking about dead carcasses wrapped around dry bone!

Also, leatherworking repair deeds just arrived, fresh from the oven! Reasonable prices for more than reasonable service! Enough covering that gaping hole with strategically placed sashes, fix 'em now!

OrdinaryCitizen

Post by OrdinaryCitizen » February 6th, 2023, 5:34 am

The tall merchant circles the Craft Hall's perimeter whenever he's not tending to a customer, boasting about whatever he wants to say that time around:
To our loyal patrons who keep honoring us by pulling the armor pieces off the shelves, thank you! Major restock to come soon, we're working around the clock for your satisfaction! Also, rumor has it a very skilled craftswoman who doesn't sleep has mended her ways and requested an eye-bulging amount of bedrolls! Either she devised a system to mass sleep ahead of time for a year or there's an ongoing plan to recruit for someone's private barracks!

We don't just sell good stuff we know how to make, but also tamper with new, never before seen goods as well! Right now there's a plan for a two-people bedroll in research, and I'd love to try it out with you, miss, for the very best accompanied sleeping in the wild! Don't be a stranger to Maximus, he's always around to make you satisfied!