Application for Leif Faber

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
LeifFaber
Fresh Meat
Character: Leif Faber

Application for Leif Faber

Post by LeifFaber » November 27th, 2022, 11:18 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
No prior experience. Have played UO on and off for years.

How did you hear about Requiem?
Google search for UO Roleplay servers. The website piqued my interest.

What will your character’s name be?
Leif Faber

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Leif is now in his early 30s with a tall, stocky frame.(6’2,260) Hazel eyes, He wears short, messy auburn hair and a close trimmed beard/mustache. He has a noticeable scar down his left cheek that disappears into his beard.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
As described in my backstory below, Leif is on a mission to find information about his family and the figure who took everything.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:
Leif grew up on a small ranch in the Midlands with his parents and three siblings. They worked many hot summers and brutal winters tending the crop and small animals. Leif was the second child, and as such usually caught the toughest daily chores. He never complained though, and always helped his younger brother and sister with their tasks when he finished. This always seemed to annoy his older brother, who took it as a slight that he was not the chosen heir.

One winter about fifteen years ago, Leif’s father grew ill from increased exposure to the elements. This was an exceptionally cold season, and this bitter cold hung in the Faber home for days. They could sense a change coming, as their father’s health was not improving.

In his final days, Leif’s father set many things in motion. To everyone’s surprise, He put the ranch in Leif’s care. After some moments of shocked silence, Leif’s brother abruptly announced his decision to enlist in the military. He left the ranch in a hurry on their only healthy horse in a growing storm.

A couple of nights later, Leif was jolted awake by a scream that sounded like it came from both a mile away and inside his own head. Things were blurry, confusing. Was there smoke? Leif could smell something burning. Things began to come into focus, the house was on fire. He leapt from his mat and made his way outside only to see his entire world burning.

All of the crops, the animal pens, and a third of the home was already caved in, where his parents and younger siblings would be asleep right now. Who……what….happened? From behind he heard a horse and a small yelp. There was a figure, hooded and glowing in the burning night, tying two small animals on the back of his horse. No, not animals, Leif’s siblings! Leif yelled into the nothingness. The figure turned, stared into his soul. It couldn’t be. Why would he do this? There is a humming and a loud clap as a bright light flickers and dies just as fast on the other side of the mounted figure. A heretic? Why here? The world goes black with too many questions.

Leif awakens in a light snow, covered in debris and soot. Everything in ashes. In the crumbling remnants, he finds his parents and gives them a proper burial. Now all he can do is head east in search of answers. For the last fifteen years he has looked for clues, for reasons, for his siblings. For him. This has led him to the gates of the First Province, where the next chapter of his journey begins.

The officiant snorts in disdain, then adds the last line to the rehearsed monologue:
"State your business and make it quick, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for years without adding yours to the pile, and those VIC are stirring up problems something fierce as of late.”

As Leif collects his thoughts, he decides the truth is his best avenue.
“Good morning sir, I won’t waste your time. My home was lost to the torment and I am looking for my family. In pursuit of answers I plan to barter my goods and labor. Your mercy will be my salvation, The One True God willing.”

Archin
Character: Archin

Re: Application for Leif Faber

Post by Archin » November 27th, 2022, 11:56 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!