Silent

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Domitian
Character: Tacitus Etiam

Silent

Post by Domitian » February 26th, 2021, 2:59 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
Nope! Saw it posted on Reddit while being nostalgic for UO and here I am.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
D&D a kid (ages ago) and some experience RP in UO back in the beta and early OSI days (between 97 and 2002 roughly). I was never super heavy into RP, but was part of some RP guilds back in the early days on the Sonoma shard – ARM (An Rach Moonglow) and Oasis Guards. Also participated in RP official and player events back then and again in a more recent stint in the late 00s.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I’m very nostalgic for some old school UO and the community it used to create – starting from an even playing field where the economy isn’t trashed and everything costs billions seals the deal to try it out.

What will your character’s name be?:
Silent (more of a description than a name)
Edit: Tacitus Etiam

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
A tall, thin man of middling age and haunted, piercing eyes. He has a brisk pace and slight stoop to his shoulders as if he is trying to pass unnoticed when in public. His dress is the hood and cloak of a poor man who is used to the elements, but he carries a satchel on his side heavy with books and inks.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
He seeks knowledge he believes can only be found in the First Province … and perhaps to escape his past.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Silent is just that – Silent. It isn’t known if he cannot speak or just chooses not to. He avoids most direct interaction with others and, when forced, communicates with gestures or, occasionally, the written word. His penmanship and prose mark him as unusual for his dress and mannerisms, as they are the writing and words of education and continuous study. His is quick to limit his interactions to only the necessary and then looks to again pass unnoticed.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
Approaching the officiant, Silent passes him a note with but a single sentence sprawled upon it:
I must continue my research.
Reaching into his robes, Silent pulls out a small purse heavy with coin – quite possibly the total of all the coin he has collected in his travels. Jaw set, he levels his unnerving gaze at the officiant in quiet determination to gain his entry to these untamed wilds.
Last edited by Domitian on March 1st, 2021, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Silent

Post by Coty » February 28th, 2021, 8:44 pm

Silent would be considered a Title rather than a name. You will need to provide the character's given name before we can accept you. Once in-game you can conceal your name using various means and call yourself whatever you wish.

We will also need a bit more out of your roleplay response before accepting your app. Please continue the roleplay scenario by responding to the following RP prompt:

The officiant swiftly reads the paper before looking up to you with confused regard. "Research? What sort of research? Have you a name?" He says in a monotone voice as he awaits your response.

Domitian
Character: Tacitus Etiam

Post by Domitian » February 28th, 2021, 11:18 pm

Name: Tacitus Etiam

The officiant swiftly reads the paper before looking up to you with confused regard. "Research? What sort of research? Have you a name?" He says in a monotone voice as he awaits your response.

With a look of obvious disgust, the man reaches into his satchel and withdraws a piece of parchment and begins scribbling furiously:
You can refer to me as Tacitus Etiam and the gold in your hand is the extent of my research you would understand without a decade of study. If I wanted to give away my secrets you would not have the purse in your hand. Now, either return my purse and know that your actions might lead to the unnecessary suffering of more innocents, or let me pass such that this world might once again know healing

Preparing to walk past the officiant, the man momentarily reconsiders. Turning he takes the note back from the officiant and grabs a coin from the purse still sitting outstretched in the bewildered official's hand. Scrawling a final note on the back of the parchment he writes:

This parchment is expensive and I'll not have you wasting it without consequence

Turning back toward the gate, the man walks through without looking back.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Post by Coty » March 2nd, 2021, 4:02 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

The officiant takes the notes, reading them with bewilderment as you pass them over. Ah, a mute, he concludes offering you a sympathetic smile. He hands you a visa as you take the last note back. Well, his coin would spend just the same. "Pleasant day, sir!" He calls out as you leave, tucking the coins away and turning to the next in line.