The Bastard Lucien Silvercrest

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Lucien
Character: Lucien

The Bastard Lucien Silvercrest

Post by Lucien » February 27th, 2021, 1:24 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
Yes I have played in the past acts.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Multiple RP servers, table top RPGs, I once talked to a live cow for 45 minutes

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I enjoy the RP with other PCs.

What will your character’s name be?:
Lucien Silvercrest

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Lucien stands 6' tall with a lean muscular frame, he is a natural athlete but moves with signs of martial training. Light scars are visible over his face and body. His knuckles are thick and scared eluding to a history of street fighting. He has light silvered hair, blue eyes, and young features. Tattoos adorn his shoulders, wrists, and hands with intricate designs, small birds, and celestial symbols.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Profit. While Lucien may not buy into the stories of the treasures that lay hidden in the first province whole heartedly he has learned through his brief years that when the stakes are highest there is profit to be made.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Lucien was born in a small town that settled along The Gulf of Solurien. His father did not stay long enough to leave memories but it was never said whether he was alive or dead. As a boy he would travel north with his mother to Greatport were he would develop a love for sailing and the rough and dangerous life of a seaman. His love for the sea earned him a place aboard a small raiding ship that he worked on for several years until they eventually ran aground near the northern tip of Redholm. From there Lucien worked for various mercantile groups working his way along the pearl sea all while searching out for the next big adventure or even better yet a ship of his very own. As luck, or fate perhaps, would have it the loud boastings of a drunken sailor told story of a great opportunity in a nearby land. Mustering enough money for the trip and a small bit of equipment Lucien made his way toward the rumbling pass.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

“By decree of the Venerated Church, the First Province is a mortal health hazard, and as such, is quarantined under Article Eighteen of the Republic Treatise of Health Act of 1320. Citizens who do not possess a Quarantine Visa issued by one of the recognized Factions of the Republic are considered non-essential to the reclamation of the First Province. Under Article Eighteen, non-essentials seeking entry into an official quarantine zone must petition for entry into a said zone, and state just cause for the issuing of a Quarantine Visa by the perimeter authority.”
The officiant snorts in disdain, then adds the last line to the rehearsed monologue:
“State your business and make it quick, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for years without adding yours to the pile, and those VIC are stirring up problems something fierce as of late.”

You ponder the situation for a moment, evaluating your options. It is well known that with the right connections and the right amount of coin, one can get their hands on a Quarantine Visa from any one of the major Factions or Prelacy Families of the Republic, or even a passable counterfeit from more nefarious sources. At the same time, it would appear that the officiant doesn’t appear to be above some simple bribery – although his price may be hefty. However, despite it all, you’re sure that some of those let in appeared to have made a convincing case with the officiant without resorting to subterfuge or immorality. Gathering your wits, you step forward towards the officiant, and make your decision as to how to gain access to the First Province.

Lucien adjusted the large sack on his back and gave a smile.
"I am a man of action brother. Hard worker and a competent laborer as well."
again he adjusted his stance and placed the large sack on his hip as he started to speak again.
"I don't usually boast about my heritage but my father was a bit of a hero in his time and I can assure you the apple does not fall far from the tree"
as he shifted the weight of the large sack from one hand to another a small amount of coins spilled from the mouth of the sack onto the officials desk. Lucien made no attempt to acknowledge this and continued to speak. "Make no mistake, I plan to live as my own man and do all I can to help with the reclamation."
With this Lucien gave a short salute jostling the remaining coins from his sack, spilling them beside the others on the desk. Again Lucien ignored this and simply stated
"I am Lucien Silvercrest and I am sure you will come to know my name".

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: The Bastard Lucien Silvercrest

Post by Coty » March 1st, 2021, 10:01 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

The officiant listens disinterestedly as you speak. Another forlorn fool off to seek fame and fortune. The officiant had seen many like him. Had turned them away taking no small pleasure in the disgruntled looks on their face as they left. *Dunk. Cling. Ding.* The motion caught his eye, noticing the coins fall onto his desk before looking back up to regard you once more. After you make no move to gather your scattered coins the officiant offers you a wide grin. "Luke Sulfurcrack, was it? Yes, I'll be sure to remember it." He motions you to continue on.