Application: Khalkeus Renatus

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Kent
Character: Requiescat In Pace

Application: Khalkeus Renatus

Post by Kent » February 27th, 2021, 2:12 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

NOT APPLICABLE

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

I have been roleplaying on MUDs, MUSHs, and MOOs and other various games since about 2007. I have played numerous UO-RP servers including TLEA, Khaeros, Teiravon, and Rise of Empires.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

Requiem appeals to me as a more serious roleplay environment compared to previous servers which I have played. I hope my time on requiem provides me with a fun and engaging creative outlet.

What will your character’s name be?:

Dux Khalkeus ‘the Younger’ Renatus

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Khalkeus stands at middling height, underweight for his framing and with features most would describe as ‘worn-out’, though he may have been handsome once. His eyes are a dull brown with the left sporting a clouded pupil upon close examination, though the countenance of his face is largely obscured by an inadequately trimmed grey & black beard. In speaking, his baritone voice carries a calm and seemingly deliberate cadence.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Over the course of his time as Dux of Kyprios, Khalkeus made many enemies in the Foundry. When he sought treatment from Redholme University for a worsening chronic ailment, he was turned away. Hearing of a revolutionary medical doctor operating in the First Province, Khalkeus was faced with a choice between a painful death or de facto exile and choose the what he felt was the only real option.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Khalkeus is the Dux of Kyprios, a borough on the Gulf of Solurien in scenic Aedenshyr. Those knowledgeable on the subject of politics in the Province of Aedenshyr would know of his constant strife with the Foundry since his succession to the role over effective control of the Borough following his decision to turn down their offer to assume his father’s mantle as Chamberlain.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

Khalkeus stood patiently in line, his mud-caked duster clinging to him tightly as an onslaught of rain came sleeting in over the bustling trainyards. Warily, he maintained his distance from others as much as possible, deeply ensconced in what was perhaps an irrational fear of any commotion that he might be forced to engage in should someone attempt to pick his pockets or cut in line, various scenarios repeating over and over again in his head.
After many hours of overhearing folks beg and plead at the tired-looking officiant, his moment to shine finally came. Approaching the desk with a forced smile, he began to recite the words he had rehearsed in his mind over and over for the past hour
: “Pleasant eve to you. Here is my Visa”. Reaching into the internal pocket of his duster, nervously brushing over the concealed boxlock pistol as he fumbled the impeccable parchment into his grasp. Shielding it from the rain, he thrust it forward to the exasperated looking officer

The possessor of this document has proven themselves to me as being skilled and diligent in their trades/craft, and as such will be an exemplary resource to the Republic for the duration of the Reclamation of the First Province.

By my Hand on this, the Twenty-Seventh day of Chilldawn, of the year One Thousand, Three Hundred, Forty, and Four.

- Dux Khalkeus Renatus

As the officiant peered over the letter and gazed upon the cerulean wax seal affixed to it, Khalkeus clasped his hands together before him.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application: Khalkeus Renatus

Post by Coty » March 1st, 2021, 11:04 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

A recommendation from a Dux, not a thing to take lightly. The officiant looks from the parchment and eyes you for a long moment. The man doesn't look like much, the officiant thinks as he examines you. How did a disheveled vagrant come upon such a document? Most certainly stolen or forged but, alas, that was not the officiant's concern. The man's papers seemed to be in order and thus he had reached limits of his authority. A glorified clerk tasked to do the torturously mundane. He waves you through without a word.