Application: Varius Prodain

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Varius Prodain
Fresh Meat
Character: Varius Prodain

Application: Varius Prodain

Post by Varius Prodain » February 27th, 2021, 4:11 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

Mostly ground floor stuff. Several masks and bit parts in Acts I-III.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

Roleplaying since Ultima Online: Rennaisance release.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

Want to walk again in a world I've been in love with since its inception.

What will your character’s name be?:

Varius Prodain

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Varius is middle-aged with light brown skin. He is thin with angular features and his demeanor is generally warm and pleasant. His face and hands are weathered from a life of labor.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

The ongoing efforts in the First Province are a recovery of civilization. Varius sees it as an area of great resource, both material and symbolic, to the Republic. A strong claim made here would provide a foundation for the reclamation of former glory.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Varius' father, Jaspreus, spent nearly ten years in conscripted service with the Legion before Varius was born. The units he served were mostly from various provinces in the Midlands, and some found his Prodaen last name too difficult to pronounce, which earned him the nickname "Prodain". When Jaspreus was slain in a Luellan raid against a Legion camp, Varius and his mother, Val'Shera, fleed their home of Prodai in search of a more stable home. Safety, however, in the age of the Torment is a mirage in the desert – always seeming so dearly close, but just out of reach. Val'Shera did not survive the journey outside of Prodai, leaving Varius to make his way alone. The Republic sometimes views the Prodaen people as backwards and paganistic, but the desert has forged them to be hardy and inginuitive. Varius survived because he is good with his hands, and there is no shortage of labors to be done in the name of Decus.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

Varius winced lightly as he looked around the officiant. "Your pallisades on the northern wall there need some work," he said, gesturing towards the weakened timber. "If there's a capable carpenter here, I know how to set up a simple rope walk and could provide some quality cable to lash things back together.. I see some of the Legionnaire's weapons are worn as well, if you've a smith stationed nearby send me to them.. I've my own sledge and am a practiced striker. I came to help the efforts in the First Province, but it seems I'm needed right here for a while. I'll get to work, we'll talk again in a few weeks.." He turned off and headed to a supply tent in search of the camp's Quartermaster to make himself of some use.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application: Varius Prodain

Post by Coty » March 1st, 2021, 11:32 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

The man was a hard worker, the Officiant would give him that. Of his foolishness on offering his services before any formal agreement? Well, the Officiant would withhold judgment for now. Seeing their own stationed tradesmen work alongside the man showed, by stark contrast, their inadequate skills. Something he would be certain to include in his next report. On the ninth day of hard labor, you spot the same officiant approaching, fresh parchment in one of his hands. He offers it to you, his eyes meeting your own. "I would be remiss if I did not at least try to turn you back, sir." He says releasing the signed and sealed visa to your grasp. "Though I can see the effort would be mute. Still...you could sell this paper for a sizeable sum, you know. Stay here, if you'd like. I'm sure a stipend could be arranged having provided all you have." He pauses a moment, seeming to weigh your expression. "Either way, best of luck to you, sir. Flame guide you." He nods to you before turning.