Application: Salazar D'Velle

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
wojto
Character: Salazar de Velle

Application: Salazar D'Velle

Post by wojto » February 27th, 2021, 6:51 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
I don’t.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
I play RP UO shards for over 11 years.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I believe I’ll find here high quality of dark fantasy RP in UO.

What will your character’s name be?:
Salazar D’Velle

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
He is in his golden age, being 29 years old. His jet black hair is cut shortly on the sides and combed back. Face usually slightly shaggy, despite longer and nicely cut sideburns. He is 6’3” tall, 211 lbs, broad-shouldered guy, but seems pretty athletic, as he moves lightly. Brown eyes split with slightly upturned nose, beneath mouth that usually shows two half-broken teeth.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Salazar came along with three other members of his family. Since they had to leave their family business in Redholme, they need to start over. He plans to set up inn where he and his family members can run their illegal/half-legal business quietly while gaining important acquaintances and making money from treasures that they heard are hidden in Tor ruins.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Salazar is the son of family’s head Vincent. Being so, he was learning from early years how to run their business. Through the years he became impulsive and boorish man, who however knows a lot about stuff his family does. He is very protective about his younger sister Veronica. In fight he feels like a fish in the water, being it normal brawl or serious combat. Recently their father was killed and they had to leave their family region of Aedenshyr, for the reasons known to them only.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
The First Province seems very appealing for D’Velle, they can’t just let it go. Salazar grabbed the hand of his younger sister and came closer to the Legionnaire, pushing few people aside. He approached the man and smiled slightly. That was probably the nicest smile this guy could make.
“Excuse me Sir. Me and my family, we are craftsmen from Redholme. We want to help in the First Province.” – Salazar said with calm voice.
“Alright, documents, please.” – the Legionnaire answered shortly.
“We have none, Sir, we’ve lost them during our journey to Rumbling Pass.” – the man replied, trying to make his story more credible by adding a little of worry to his face.
“Then next” – another laconic answer came from the man in uniform.
“No, Sir, please, we have to get onto this train.” – Salazar approached the man and secretly handed him some coins. – “We are hard working folk, we just want to help, please. This is my younger sister and two cousins.” – He finished his speech with an serious look.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application: Salazar D'Velle

Post by Coty » March 1st, 2021, 4:59 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

The officiant takes the coins, swiftly tucking them in his palm and offering you a smile. "Hard-working folk, you say?" He takes a moment to pocket the coin and begins to fill out a few pieces of parchment before stamping them and handing them to you. "Well, we could always use more folk like that in the Province. Best of luck to you and your kin." His smile instantly fades before signaling you to continue.