Application: Veronica D'Velle

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Mad_Cat
Character: Engineer

Application: Veronica D'Velle

Post by Mad_Cat » February 27th, 2021, 7:59 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

No, I don’t.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

I play various RP systems such as Warhammer, D&D, Earthdown, Neuroshima or Cyberpunk. I am an active UO player since 2005 (mostly EU shards)as well.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I really love the idea of magic and technics combined in one universe. I have never seen any UO shard that has steampunk vibe. Especially the one that is focused on RP. I expect great fun and high quality RP.

What will your character’s name be?:

Veronica D'Velle

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Veronica is short and rather skinny girl but curved where a woman should be. She looks like a teenager, although she is in her 20s. Her dyed blonde hair is brushed into pigtails. Paper-white skin contrasts with her full, pink lips.Tiny nose and almond shaped, blue eyes emphasize her young look. If you take a closer look you might see some freckles on her nose and cheeks. Her voice perfetcly match her rather cute than preatty look. A mixture of hoarseness and sweetness decorated with a little wartmth. She is 5’5’’ tall and her weight is roughly 110lbs.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

After the D'Velles had lost their ‘legal’ business, they moved in a hurry to the First Province. Veronica was not the exepction and like her family members decided to move along with them to start over. As a skilled engineer and a doc she knows that her skills are valuable and desirable in the First Privice. She couldn’t leave her family on its own as well because family was everything she'd ever had. She said back then: „Who’s gonna keep all of you, poor chum, alive, fix yer wounds and enhance yer toys if not me?”

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Veronica or Vee, like her brothers call her, is the youngest child and the only girl in D'Velle family. Her natural-born curiosity led and introduced her to engineering and modern medicine that she fell in love with. Her best friends were machines, her toys were tools and books were her pillow when she fell asleep after whole day of work in her little ‘workshop’. The older she was, the more usefull her skills were. Especially for her family and businesses her brothers ran. She was the one who upgraded her borthers weapeonary and fixed their wounds when they got injured. At age of 16 she started her experiments with animals trying to improve their body performance by injections of various drugs and exchange parts of their body with clockwork parts that she created. She kept that in mind that such 'art' could be useful for human beings as well. Also that time she discovered firearms. Musket that she ofcourse upgraded, had become her beloved toy. Years had been passing by and the black clouds gathered over D’Velle family. The heaven had opened and a heavy rain of anger, violence and blood fell. In result, Veronica, her older brother Salazar and two other members of her family managed to escape from Redholme just to never come back there again.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

Veronica made one of those cute faces that she used to do when she badly wanted to get something from her brothers. She was looking at the Legionnaire with her big, almond shaped eyes while her older brother, Salazar, was talking to the him. She wasn’t especially interested in the conversation between the officer and her brother but she tried to support his story and make it more reliable than it actually was. So pretending one of those cute and lovely girls that everyone likes was one of the way of support.

She let her brother talk to the Legionnarie because he was older and propably he knew what to do and say.
Yeah, probably.
Anyway Sal was one of those people who could get everything they wanted if they were determinded enough. And at that moment he was.

When her brother mentioned that they had lost the documents her face suddenly changed expressing all the sorrow that human being could ever have. The Legionnaire gave a short glance at her then lookd at Salaraz again and said:
- ”Then next ,please”
- „Bloody bastard”. She thought. „If Sal won’t do anything quickly we’re done”.
A moment of silence had fallen and she was about to say something when Salazar handed the officer some coins.
- „Yeah, Slazar’s plan B always works. There's no one who could refuse some extra gold”- She said to herself and for a second impish smile appeared on her face.
The last words that she heard from the Legionnaire were "Alright, you can pass". Then she stopped listening completely. Her mind came back to the world made of clockwork parts, oil and steam...

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application: Veronica D'Velle

Post by Coty » March 1st, 2021, 5:33 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

The officiant offers you his regard in the briefest of instances before pulling it away. Coins exchanged, deals made and souls sent to their doom. Yes, this job did have its perks. As you pass with the rest you catch his eye once more, this time fullying demanding his attention. So young, he thinks for a moment before you fade from view. I hope she does not catch whatever the other has...