Vasily Kamarov Application

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
VasilyKamarov
Fresh Meat
Character: Vasily Kamarov

Vasily Kamarov Application

Post by VasilyKamarov » February 27th, 2021, 1:56 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

-No, unfortunately. Excited to hopefully get in on it though.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

-I've been playing RPG's my whole life. Ultima Online was the first game I ever played as a kid. I DM and play Dungeons and Dragons weekly and I'm really into roleplay. Requiem seems really interesting and I want a chance to check it out. Expectations? I don't really know honestly. I'm excited to see what it is all about though.

What will your character’s name be?:

-Vasily Kamarov

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

-Vasily is tall and slender (6'3" and weighs 165lb). He has high cheekbones and a scar over his left eye. His hair is long and black and tries to be clean shaven as much as possible. He is 27 years old. He is very to the point and quick to make decisions.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

-Vasily spent most of his younger years hunting to provide food for his family and to sell the pelts for money. That was before the Torment claimed his family. He returned from a hunting trip to find his family walking shambling corpses. Without hesitation he put them down, and was alone. He spent this time perfecting his craft with bow and tactical decision making. With nothing left to lose, he has arrived at the First Province ready to purge as many hellish creatures as he can, and to try and make a profit at the same time.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

-Vasily doesn't like to speak much about what happened with his family. He spent time with nomads in the forest perfecting archery and his tactics and learning from the nomads, as well as receiving many black tattoos hidden by his clothing before setting out on his own.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

-Vasily examines the Officiant's actions and demeanor from afar trying to get a sense of what he needs to do to get into the First Province. He also keeps his ears open around him to see if he can pick up conversation about a possible forged document to get in. The less he has to engage with people, the better - and he would rather be absolutely sure of himself before engaging with normal folk. Leaning against a post keeping watch, he mutters to himself, "Look at all these people. Sheep, leading themselves into the slaughter." At this thought he chuckles to himself, grabbing a pipe from his pouch. He stuffs it with dried tobacco and as it hangs from his lips he lights it with a match. He says to himself, "Better them than me." As he puffs away he notices a shady character with small papers keeping out of watchful eye. He seems to be trying to sell them to people. "Looks like I may have found my ticket in." he says. He dumps out his pipe and approaches the man.

(Thanks I hope this is enough! BTW I learned about this from reddit last night and have been talking with u/AlwaysVoidwards)

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Vasily Kamarov Application

Post by Coty » March 1st, 2021, 5:39 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

The officiant eyes your papers, his lips pursing. An obvious forgery, only the slightest bit of effort had gone into mimicking authenticity. No matter. That is why Rodrick paid him such a hefty cut, to ignore just such flaws. He offers you a smile as he stamps the visa and hands it back to you. "Best of luck, friend."

(Welcome! Glad to have you with us.)