Application for returning Character Adar Two-feathers

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Carwyn
Character: Adar Two-Feathers

Application for returning Character Adar Two-feathers

Post by Carwyn » February 27th, 2021, 4:08 pm

This application is for a returning character but none of my old posts seem to have survived in the Archives, it's almost as if Decus has once again turned his back on poor Rheyne.

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

Hello, I'm Carwyn. You may remember me from such roles as Carwyn Diricus, fanatical Postulant of the 901st in Widows Port. Or perhaps Rheyne Lathbane, devote follower of Decus and Primus of the 3rd Contubernium, 8th Cohort. Or even this humble character, Adar Two-feathers, Collation truth seeker.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

I started playing Ultima back in 1998 when my brother gave me a copy. We played together until 2004. After a short break I discovered the private RP shard Grimmwold and my eyes were opened to just how great the game could be. Like a moth drawn to a candle I have progressed from Grimm to Requiem to Dark Age and back Requiem.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

Of all the shards I've played Req has always felt the most gritty and real, I've known many of its players for decades. Also most of the shards I've played have shut down way too soon. Before I die I'd also like to resolve (lower case not the bad guys!) the fate of at least one of my characters.

What will your character’s name be?:

Adar Two-feathers

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Adar stands 5'-8” tall and weighs in at 150 lbs soaking wet. Intelligent brown eyes look out from beneath raven black hair. He has the classic “archer” build: broad shoulders and chest that taper to narrow hips atop legs built for speed.

His upper body and arms are covered with tribal tattoos in blue and black pigment. He dresses in rough sewn clothes and bits of boiled leather armor. In his left boot is a skinning knife, in the small of his back a hatchet. From his left hip hangs a quiver of arrows. Over his right shoulder hangs a small bow tipped with the pair of hawk feathers from which he takes his name.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Sitting with the men around the campfire, Adar is enjoying their company. After a hard day of hunting they'd managed to bring down a nice fat buck and were currently roasting buck's soft organs on sticks over the fire.

His father grunts and looks at the young man. “Your mother and I have spoken and agree that it is high time you were wed Adar.” His comrades laugh at his discomfort. “We spoke with Snow Blossom's parents. They agree and have set a bride price of one young goat and two dozen arrows.” Adar looks down at the fire rubbing his face in disbelief. “But Father, everyone knows that Snow Blossom is both lazy and a terrible cook. She will make a horrible wife bringing much shame upon our family.” His Father shakes his head raising a hand to stop the argument. “Price has been set. Price will be paid. The happy couple will be married on first day of the Summer moon.”

The next day while off with his friends, Adar complains “I am young and do not yet need a wife.” Turing to his friend Bregor he smiles, “We should go on an adventure my friend. Have you ever wondered where the sun comes from?” Bregor shakes his head. “Well I have” replies Adar “before I wed Snow Blossom or any other female, I wish to find out.” Eyeing his friend pleadingly “Let us hunt the rising sun my brother!”

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

A devout follower of the Great Maker in the guise of the “White Lady” the more time Adar spends among Decusians the more he starts to think that there are more similarities between his Goddess and Decus. A belief that would get him burned on a pyre in the First Provence and back home in Collatia.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

As he approaches the Pass, Adar gawks at all the people lined up awaiting entry. Noting how many are turned away Adar grins as a plan forms in his head. He wanders around until he finds a pile of rabbit droppings and the corpse of a maggot covered, half rotted rat. Stuffing the items into a pouch at his side, he waits for the sun to set before going off in search of a skunk.

The next day, reeking of decomposing rat and skunk he stands in line. Before facing Officiant Adar discreetly flicks some of rabbit droppings that have been steeped in skunk spray at the feet of the sitting man who getting a whiff of skunk begins to cough. Adar cocks his head and smiling sympathetically speaks in Collation “Greeting wise one, I am Adar two-feather a great healer from the West. Fix your cough I will.” If the magistrate doesn't understand Collation he would point to himself “Me Adar, great healer. Me fix you <coughing sound>” Pulling out a wooden flute, he sprinkles some “untreated” rabbit droppings on the table in front of him, and begins to play.

Pausing he cocks his head and asks in highly accented Common “Better?” When the Magistrate coughs again, Adar pulls out the maggot covered rat and offers it to the man. “Suck tail it fix you!” popping the tail into his his own mouth to emphasize the action. The Legion guards suppress the urge to laugh at the poor Officiants discomfort. A maggot falls from the rat, which Adar scoops up apologetically and pops into his mouth with relish. “Mmmm white worms make you strong...Strong like bear!” He offers the magistrate a wriggling maggot and asks “Want?” and then asks questioningly “We seek birthplace of sun. We go through gate now?”

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for returning Character Adar Two-feathers

Post by Coty » March 2nd, 2021, 9:59 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

Just when the officiant thought the cur who sought passage couldn't get any more vile along comes this man. The lord of the loathsome. The prince of the repugnant. Crown of mud and sweat upon his head feasting, so eagerly, upon the food of his people. The Officiant makes no effort to hide his disgust as he watches your display. Usually he would warn those who entered of the horrors that awaited him. Urge them to turn back, he could do at least that much. But not this man, he would send him through and thus let his fate be sealed. "Go on! Out of my sight!" He stamps hard the papers and hands you the visa before waving you off.