Application for Zane De Rais

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Katzulu
Fresh Meat
Character: Zane De Rais

Application for Zane De Rais

Post by Katzulu » February 28th, 2021, 4:01 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
I do not.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I have played UO since I was basically a child and I have been coming and going from servers over the last 20+ years. Now I am expecting a refreshing & different experience that motivates me to keep playing UO.

What will your character’s name be?:
Zane De Rais

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Zane is a man with a fair complexion in his mid thirties. His height is 1.79m and about 82kg. He has long light brown hair, which one can already see that is slowly turning into white. He has an oval face with regular features, only a few scars in his chin and across his right eye call the attention.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Zane wishes to enter the First Province to use his skills as a mage defending the Holy Capital of Tor. To achieve his goal he is looking forward to join First Torian Legionnaires and help them regain the Capital City.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Zane comes from a long bloodline of magic practitioners. He spent his whole childhood in the De Rais family castle being trained as a magician. Once Zane turned 18, and following the tradition of the De Rais family, he had to embark on a year-long journey to finish consolidating all that he had learned in terms of magic far from home. Upon his return home, he found only devastated lands and ruins. Having no idea who had attacked his family, he began to travel the land to seek revenge. After years he could not find revenge, but he did find inner peace and finally decided to embark on another adventure to help another cause.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
Zane walked very slowly towards the entrance to the First Province, acting as if there were no guards guarding them. Being close, the officiant stopped him and repeated again: "State your business". Zane just stared deeply into his eyes and immediately the guard could see in his gaze the pain and darkness that Zane carried inside. Then he repeated again, stuttering a little, "St-st-state your business." Without saying a word, Zane pulled a coin from his pocket, slipped it into his breast pocket, and entered the First Province.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Zane De Rais

Post by Coty » March 2nd, 2021, 10:55 am

We will need a bit more out of your roleplay response before accepting your application. Please continue the roleplay scenario by responding to the following RP prompt:

A nearby legionnaire notices the exchange, his brows tilting inward upon noting the nervous demeanor of the Officiant. As you go to walk through he blocks your way, stern expression on his face. "What is your name and business, sir?" His question is spoken as sharp as the blade at his hip. He stares at you unwavering as he awaits your response.